Pre-Game Talk: Winnipeg @ Columbus | Monday December 16th | 6PM CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I think that might be the opposite of terrible right now

Actually don't think anything will happen before the Christmas break. TNSE isn't gonna play the part of the grinch. NYE vs Buffalo loss might be the end of Noel though if we're starting a pool.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Well at least the rookies are playing really well right now and there is also nothing wrong with LLW.

Christmas wish list for the Jets:

Good starting goalie.

Strong two-way LHD.

Strong two-way forward to help out.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
@Aportzline: #CBJ RW Marian Gaborik, D James Wisniewski and G Curtis McElhinney are out vs. Winnipeg. Mike McKenna will make 2nd straight start.

@Aportzline: #CBJ LW Nick Foligno is questionable for Monday vs. Winnipeg with an upper body injury. Club will recall Jack Skille from @TheFalconsAHL

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
viper0220
The way Burmi was treated by this organization, don't think he comes back. He will come back to the NHL but not to Winnipeg.

KCjetsfan
The way Burmi was treated by this organization, don't think he comes back. He will come back to the NHL but not to Winnipeg.
i'm a fan of burmi, but other than what i think was misuse by Noel last year, I don't see how you can state he was mistreated (at least to the point where he wouldn't consider coming back, if the team wanted him).

Caveat is if the team would still want him.

From what I've heard from good people is that he still watches Jets games, still keeps the lines open with a few people, and is actively in contact with many of the Jets players.

I'm near 100% that Burmistrov would be fine with playing for a Noel-less Jets.

The real question is whether the Noel-less Jets will keep Burmistrov. The answer to that question would be purely speculation at this point.

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg
viper0220

KCjetsfan

From what I've heard from good people is that he still watches Jets games, still keeps the lines open with a few people, and is actively in contact with many of the Jets players.

The real question is whether the Noel-less Jets will keep Burmistrov. The answer to that question would be purely speculation at this point.

I think that really does show that Noel is the problem.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Will the Jets recall anyone? Halischuk might be injured, Kane might be injured, Peluso is suspended...

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
viper0220

KCjetsfan

I would welcome him back, but only if he has matured a bit.

I for one don't think he was mistreated in the least here. Plenty of better players then him have spent time in the press box in the NHL. Fact of the matter is that it wont matter who the next coach is. If he isn't willing to follow directive he will fall out of favor with that coach as well.

We could certainly use his two-game and pk ability on our third line though!

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
@BrownScottTN: #NHLJets announce Matt Halischuk has undergone successful forearm surgery to repair a fracture suffered last game. He is out indefinitely.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I am pretty apathetic right now.

Win. Lose. Whatever.

Until critical things are changed with this team, we will hover around .500 which is great if you are in the Eastern Conference, but the worst place you can be in the West. Bad enough for not a sniff of the playoffs, too good for a top pick.

Coaching change, better goaltender, player shakeup. Until those things happen, in that order, I don't really feel optimistic at all.

I feel so emo :)

Just Ducky

Jan 8, 2012
After Saturday - I have many hope's for this game.
I hope Kane is ready and plays.
I hope Wheeler continues his hot streak.
I hope whoever is filling in for our injuries/suspension can keep it simple and do well
I hope the entire team is forced to watch that joke of a game on Sat on the ride down just like the rest of us had to.
I hope Monty starts- can't be worse than Pavs right now.
I hope Noel can actually get more than handful of players inspired to play for him.
I hope we don't see another game where we get the usual one good/one bad/one just ok. period.
I hope Chevy has been making calls.

Finally- I hope they win.

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
After about 3 hours GDT is done, just need to see who's gonna fill that last spot up front... grrrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad