Post-Game Talk: Winners

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Why is Coreau's name not mentioned in this thread? I didn't watch the game but the kid got his first NHL shutout. Did he A: Play awesome, B: Get help from our D (lol), or C: Not get challenged much?

Also, was AA in the top 6 all game?

He was the 3rd star that should say a lot. He really wasn't challenged all night.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Great win. It's pretty damning for Holland's talent evaluation at this point in his career when two of his best players in Athanasiou and Mantha were deemed not good enough to make one of the worst hockey clubs in the league. They were both dominant last night.

You have a kid on each line (Mantha-AA-Larkin). Love it. I love the line combos.

Yeah, youth movement has been the only thing that makes this team watchable. Mantha and Athanasiou were fantastic last night.

I thought Jensen played well last night too. (No mention of him)

Those lines though. The moment I say Khan's tweet I was super excited. That's how you utilize player properly.

Yeah, I've liked Jensen quite a bit and he had a good game. Nice call on your part, I totally agree.

This team is too inconsistent. Looks dead one night and strong the next.

I really like the d-core of Ouellet, Sproul, Jensen, Marchenko, Ericsson and DeKeyser. We are finally hitting the neutral zone with guys hitting full speed and that's the difference IMO. Athanasiou is absolutely able to torch nearly any d-man if he can get the puck in stride. Don't need guys with no ability get a transition game going, ie Kronner, Smith, Abby, Helm, etc.

Last night was a fun game to watch. Let's just keep in mind we faced a goalie with a .884 SV% on the season.
Absolutely, LA's goaltending has been horrid this year. Still fun to enjoy, we were generating good scoring chances.

Last edited:

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

Those lines though. The moment I say Khan's tweet I was super excited. That's how you utilize player properly.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012

Jensen has been better the last two games. I like how he is quick to engage the puck carrier in the defensive zone.

Hopefully we see a similar effort from everyone again in SJ.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Why is Coreau's name not mentioned in this thread? I didn't watch the game but the kid got his first NHL shutout. Did he A: Play awesome, B: Get help from our D (lol), or C: Not get challenged much?

Also, was AA in the top 6 all game?

He faced 34 shots, one penalty shot too.

Mostly C honestly but he made the saves when he needed to and there were definitely some good opportunities that he stopped. He earned the shutout but it definitely wasn't difficult.

It was not brodeur easy. Brodeur could face 13-14 shots and he could easily read papers and drink coffee while doing it.
Coreau, on the other hand earned the SO by stopping 34 shots on a struggling team which seems thar everyone has lost the confidence except for Mantha, Vanek and Z.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad