Post-Game Talk: Winners

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Can we all just talk about how horrible the penalty shot call was?

Like that was top 3 worst calls I've ever seen. Just wow. Datsyukian defensive play by AA.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
You have a kid on each line (Mantha-AA-Larkin). Love it. I love the line combos.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Hopefully a glimpse of the not too distant future. Now, we just need to trade our forward depth for better defence, and the future will be brighter.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
I can't believe the officials or Ken and Ozzie didn't notice the only penalty was DeKeyser clearly getting his stick in the gloves from the opposite side. Watch the replay. AA's stick barely glanced Pearson's hands. I've seen so few penalty shots around the league this season that one was weird. Pearson looks like **** this season good thing it was him. ;)

Stupendous, terrific, wonderful, superb, beautiful effort from the Red Wings! :laugh: Seriously a 4-0 shutout was impressive. I loved all our guys in their faces and winning battles vs. Kopitar and Carter, etc. Doughty was owned by Glendening, Nyquist, and Tatar! What won us games early in the season was a dogged effort and catching teams by surprise I think that was the story this game.

Poor LA. Taffoli and Quick are sorely missed but wow they have no other excuse for such a weak, lifeless performance. I'm going to the Kings board to read their miserable and angry comments, that's always fun after a team loses to the Wings, haha.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Couldn't catch the game. Didn't expect such outcome. Made the day start perfectly. So, which team will show up vs. the Sharks? :sarcasm:

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Couldn't catch the game. Didn't expect such outcome. Made the day start perfectly. So, which team will show up vs. the Sharks? :sarcasm:

God I hope it's the same team. This is only the 2nd time we've beaten a team by 4 goals.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
They played a hard game last night, and it was good to see. I'm not sure it's an energy level they (or anyone, to be honest) can maintain over a long haul, but it was necessary to get going in the right direction.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I should not be nearly as relieved as I am to see Alexei Marchenko back in the lineup.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Not really. They look consistently bad on most night, and every few weeks have a game like this

Yeah no team in this league sucks every night. Great game, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here. At best it should just encourage people that Mantha, in his first year in the NHL, is scoring at a 34 goal pace, and that AA is capable of taking over a game like that.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
You have a kid on each line (Mantha-AA-Larkin). Love it. I love the line combos.

Frankly that's how it should be. Kids being matched with vets to help show them the ropes and develop good habits. And to allow kids to make mistakes but have veterans who might be able to cover for those mistakes. That's why the ideal post-cap model is one of constantly integrating kids into the lineup and having a good mix. Instead we kept signing a bunch of vets to take up spots and now we're being forced into this with no other choice and when Dats is gone and Z/Kronner are way past their prime.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
5 points out of a playoff spot with 2 games in hand (of the Bruins, anyways). Hope is a frivolous thing.

Judging by the highlights ( I didn't have a chance to watch the game ) Nyquist should traded for some help on D. He's in a horrible, horrible slump - 1 goal in his last 33 games.

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Last night was a fun game to watch. Let's just keep in mind we faced a goalie with a .884 SV% on the season.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Why is Coreau's name not mentioned in this thread? I didn't watch the game but the kid got his first NHL shutout. Did he A: Play awesome, B: Get help from our D (lol), or C: Not get challenged much?

Also, was AA in the top 6 all game?

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Why is Coreau's name not mentioned in this thread? I didn't watch the game but the kid got his first NHL shutout. Did he A: Play awesome, B: Get help from our D (lol), or C: Not get challenged much?

Also, was AA in the top 6 all game?

Mostly C honestly but he made the saves when he needed to and there were definitely some good opportunities that he stopped. He earned the shutout but it definitely wasn't difficult.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad