Sekac - Horcoff - Stewart

Fowler - Bieksa
Lindholm - Manson
Stoner - Vatanen

GibbyGibbyGibby

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Is Philly still a dick bag team? I kinda hope so, maybe something will actually god damn happen tonight. Even worse than being bad is being boring, and our guys are the most lifeless team in the league.

Here's to Fowler being terrible and Silf's career year continuing.

Magnus the Duck

Nov 7, 2014
Sweden
The game tonight will start a huge turnaround! Bieksa will be a defensive rock and make good passes. Lindholm will skate like a dream and never fall. Silfverberg will snipe of a brilliant drop pass from Getzlaf. Hagelin will feint and then toe drag before he scores like a russian. Perry will troll a player from Philly who takes a penalty. And a bunch of hits from everyone, including Fowler.

PuqTalk

I love Cogliano
Jun 24, 2012
Texas
There really is a beautiful irony to the fact that we can't score for **** after holding above average shooting percentages for the past few years - but everything was always going to be okay

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
The shooting percentage argument might carry weight if the team were playing the same. They aren't. The results didn't just stop favoring them. This isn't a case of not getting the bounces. They're just playing like ****.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
There really is a beautiful irony to the fact that we can't score for **** after holding above average shooting percentages for the past few years - but everything was always going to be okay

The past few years we got plenty of high quality scoring chances. The guys wouldn't shoot from anywhere like some teams but wait until they had a better chance of scoring. And they would work for it. We were often outshot but still had more quality chances than the other team. Now, the guys seldom drive the net - and weak wristers from the blue line only work on...erm...yeah.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Blood for the stats god!

Proof positive that if you simply change 50-75% of a team over a three year period, advanced stats predictions of reverting to the mean will eventually be correct. Because there couldn't possibly be another reason other than a statistical correction. BM must be a HUGE fan of advanced stats to sabotage the team as badly as he has to make them work.

I agree with him though - It is pretty funny/ironic.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Proof positive that if you simply change 50-75% of a team over a three year period, advanced stats predictions of reverting to the mean will eventually be correct. Because there couldn't possibly be another reason other than a statistical correction. BM must be a HUGE fan of advanced stats to sabotage the team as badly as he has to make them work.

I agree with him though - It is pretty funny/ironic.

It is, but I don't agree that it at all supports the regression argument, which he is clearly suggesting it does.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
It is, but I don't agree that it at all supports the regression argument, which he is clearly suggesting it does.

It doesn't. It almost never does. Most of the time the "regressions" are pretty clearly explained by injury/roster change issues. The thought that previous years have any bearing on current/future years is laughable regardless, when you look at player improvement, player deterioration, roster changes, and the variance in other teams.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
It doesn't. It almost never does. Most of the time the "regressions" are pretty clearly explained by injury/roster change issues. The thought that previous years have any bearing on current/future years is laughable regardless, when you look at player improvement, player deterioration, roster changes, and the variance in other teams.

My point. Statistics are being used improperly by many.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
this is it for this team...they have somehow managed to "still be in it" even after this **** show they ice every night....however, the christmas break is now over and if they dont turn it around now they are DONE and will probably go down as the biggest joke team in franchise history...the next break is all star break and if they have the same run they will be out of the race and sellers come TDL...again if they come out of this and play the way the should (im still not conviced this is a good team), they can be in a solid PO spot by allstar break and ready to make that final push towards a PO spot....it starts tonight and we will see the true character of this team, the leadership, coaching, management...now or never

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad