TSN: Wings willing to make Babcock highest paid coach in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
@DarrenDreger
As reported on Insider Trading, sources say Det is willing to make Babcock highest pd coach (4-5yr term). Offer has to be made and accepted.
7:47am - 3 Dec 14

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
So let's just do it. (after the season)

It only money and he is definitely worth of that.

BTW, who is the highest paid coach currently? I wonder... if it's somebody else than Babcock?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
I'm really hoping he takes it but if he doesn't I won't be too torn. The team is really coming along this year with our relative health and the lines have been great. Hopefully Babcock will take the extension and keep things consistent.

That being said, if he doesn't I'm really interested to see what Blashil will do, if (more like when) he is promoted.

Actual Thought*

@DarrenDreger
As reported on Insider Trading, sources say Det is willing to make Babcock highest pd coach (4-5yr term). Offer has to be made and accepted.
7:47am - 3 Dec 14

Wow..another amazing revelation from Dreger:sarcasm:

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
What does Holland make? I know the big question was will Babcock make more than Holland.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
it is not out of my pocket and will not effect spending on the team .

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Was it 4 million per year?

I honestly don't remember. I just know there was talk about how Babcock could get paid more than Holland and what type of situation that might create because it hasn't been done in the NHL yet (although it's done in the NFL.)

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I honestly don't remember. I just know there was talk about how Babcock could get paid more than Holland and what type of situation that might create because it hasn't been done in the NHL yet (although it's done in the NFL.)

Another GM will definitely give him more than that without any silly stipulations that Holland might die on.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
the money wont be an issue

its whether babcock wants a bigger role(like a pat roy in colorado) in the day to day operations of the club

that will be the sticking point if any

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
It surprised me earlier this year how little I saw the top coaches being paid in the NHL. If Babcock wants to stay and sign a 3 or 4 year deal at 5M per. Do it.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Why? The young players are thriving and the Wings are more competitive than most of us expected.

The young players that Jeff Blashill developed, yes. Babcock winning a Stanley Cup seven years ago doesn't erase all of his failures. I think Detroit would have similar success under Blashill.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
The young players that Jeff Blashill developed, yes. Babcock winning a Stanley Cup seven years ago doesn't erase all of his failures. I think Detroit would have similar success under Blashill.

Blashill and his one season with guys like Sheahan, Tatar, Nyquist etc? Babcock has had just as much or more of a hand in the development of the young guys playing in Detroit right now than Blashill has.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
I actually kind of want him gone. Time for new blood.

Just let him leave and bring up Blashill, it's time.

This team is on the cusp of being a legit contender for the next 2-3 years. We have the Top end talent to compete (Z, Pav, Kronner), the offensive depth (Tatar, Gus, Franzen, etc.), and a goalie who is as good as anyone in the NHL when he is on his game (which he is this year). We just need to tweak the D a little.

For the life of me I can only come up with 3 reasons why you guys would want Babcock gone:

1) You completely disagree that this team is on the verge of being a legit contender.
or
2) You are completely oblivious to the fact that 4 Rookie Head Coaches have won a Cup in the last 60 years.
or
3) You are one of those posters who just demands change for the sake of change.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Blashill and his one season with guys like Sheahan, Tatar, Nyquist etc? Babcock has had just as much or more of a hand in the development of the young guys playing in Detroit right now than Blashill has.

Thanks for posting this Newfy. Don't know why anyone would put all of the credit on Blashill when the kids have played more games under Babcock :laugh: :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad