GDT: Wings vs flames 1/2/19 7:00 pm est

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Imagine how much better the quality of the NHL would be with competent refs.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Can we have Johnny Gaudreau?? I'd love him here. Him with Larkin. Sweeet! Plus I share the name which would be badass if I got a jersey.

Reactions: Ulysses31

pz29

Jun 18, 2015
We are not loosing on "purpose", we are just a bad team!!!
I know, but I am going by the cheering for losses that goes on here. Also, Hughes or whoever is not going to be a messiah. Dahlin has not exactly killed in in Buffalo (24 points after 40 games). As a fan, I'd rather we had competent management and coaching who knew how to build a roster and coach the players that are available than wait for one "messiah" to come to the rescue. And I place the blame on the league which encourages this kind of thinking.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I know, but I am going by the cheering for losses that goes on here. Also, Hughes or whoever is not going to be a messiah. Dahlin has not exactly killed in in Buffalo (24 points after 40 games). As a fan, I'd rather we had competent management and coaching who knew how to build a roster and coach the players that are available than wait for one "messiah" to come to the rescue. And I place the blame on the league which encourages this kind of thinking.
Give Dahlin couple of years. I think they should change rules about drafting. For example, if you got #1 pick, you shouldn't be getting in first 5 next year. Teams like Avalanche or Oilers have to many high end pics.

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI

Yeah who needs an 18 year-old #1 defenseman. It's not the league who encourages that kind of thinking... it's just reality imo.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
A 48 point pace for a rookie defenseman and your reaction is "meh"?

The team needs high-end talent. The best chance to get that high-end talent is early in the draft. Therefore the best opportunity for the team to contend again is for them to have as bad a record as possible now in order to get the best talent for the future.

Good management alone cannot win championships.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

Yeah the 18 year old D on pace for 50 points and playing like a number one dman isnt killing it lol.

Reactions: Tiesgo2vets

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad