Confirmed with Link: Wings Sign Tyler Bertuzzi to 3 year entry level contract

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Can't wait until he makes the big club. This team needs a physical pest badly.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I wouldn't say badly, we already have Glendening and Abdelkater. Helm can fit that role as well, just not as physical.

Ok, an "effective" pest. :laugh:

Glendening jaws at people, but doesn't really do much. Abdelkader is about as intimidating as a lawn gnome. He can hit, but he's mostly just a guy that can finish some checks.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Tyler Bertuzzi has now played 6 Ahl games and scored 3+3=6 points on them. 4 games are playoff games.

Jump from Juniors to men's league isn't hard for everybody. he just looks so solid down there. Scored on his 1st Ahl game and scored also on his first Ahl playoff game.

Great great draft pick. Love him more every day.

Mean streak nasty pointscorer. :yo: Who wouldn't love him?

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
You need talent to succeed at this level but I believe his work ethics take you a long way alone. Got a decent feeling about him making it all the way.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
I imagine a third line of Bertuzzi - Helm - X being a thorn in everyone's side in a little while.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I remember when we took him, a lot of people, (me included) were questioning the pick, and wondering if the only reason they took him was due to the Todd factor. A couple years later, he really looks like he could be a solid 3rd line NHL player down the road. I don't really expect high end offensive output from him with the Wings, but to me he fits the mold of a 3rd line pest, who can chip in with 12-15 goals. It will be interesting to see what kind of numbers he can put up in an entire season in the A next year.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I remember when we took him, a lot of people, (me included) were questioning the pick, and wondering if the only reason they took him was due to the Todd factor. A couple years later, he really looks like he could be a solid 3rd line NHL player down the road. I don't really expect high end offensive output from him with the Wings, but to me he fits the mold of a 3rd line pest, who can chip in with 12-15 goals. It will be interesting to see what kind of numbers he can put up in an entire season in the A next year.

I think he's the kind of player that can move up and down the lineup as needed. He'll fit on any line because he's a good glue guy. He'll do the dirty work to get the net, maybe draw a penalty, or trade penalties with someone.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I think he's the kind of player that can move up and down the lineup as needed. He'll fit on any line because he's a good glue guy. He'll do the dirty work to get the net, maybe draw a penalty, or trade penalties with someone.

He can shoot the puck really well. That definitely gives you versatility, when you have sandpaper and can shoot/finish.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I think scouting is about taking the best educated guess you can, and stat sheets are a part of that. Kudos to the Wings and to Bertuzzi for making it this far and increasing his likelihood of making it. Dig up the numbers for how likely any pick made after the 40th selection is made if you want to know how big of a homerun Bertuzzi could be.

rx7dryver

Apr 11, 2009
The wings need a player like him badly. I sure hope he develops well. Honestly I just want the wings to have a big strong guy that could shove Shea Weber's head into the glass over and over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad