Wings send Svechnikov and Hicketts (and McCollum) back to GR

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I assume they'll leave the decision up to him. If he feels like trying to win another Calder Cup he can have at it, but if not I doubt they would force him to go.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Dosent their season end after the NHLs?

If So, seems odd to send them down now outside of McCollum.

For the playoffs if of ourse but unless they were in danger of missing them and rhys needed them right away, the experience of two more games in Detroit is a hundred times more valuable in every definition of the word.

Kyleftlx

twitter*****/kyle_ftl
May 9, 2010
Michigan!

For the playoffs if of ourse but unless they were in danger of missing them and rhys needed them right away, the experience of two more games in Detroit is a hundred times more valuable in every definition of the word.
I agree that it's odd, maybe just figure they can fill out the lineup card with the other guys, want to get Booth/Oullet back in the lineup, whatever. Gets GR a couple guys back that can help them leading up to and in the playoffs. It would have been cool to see Hicketts/Svech the rest of the year, but oh well.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
With Booth I presume they want to give him a few more games in the NHL before he goes, these might be his last.

Reactions: 21 Savage

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016

Actually playing in high pressure games wouldn't hurt, either.

Griffens have 5 games left. They haven't clinched(magic # is 3) and if/when they do, they'll still be jostling for playoff position.

Wings last 2 games are against fellow lottery teams Montreal and NYI.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I agree that it's odd, maybe just figure they can fill out the lineup card with the other guys, want to get Booth/Oullet back in the lineup, whatever. Gets GR a couple guys back that can help them leading up to and in the playoffs. It would have been cool to see Hicketts/Svech the rest of the year, but oh well.

They played too well and the team won too many games lately:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad