GDT: Wings @ Sabres

Status
Not open for further replies.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
That was absolute bs for the refs to not call that. Unacceptable and they should be held accountable. Joke

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Neutral hockey fan coming in peace..

Big Nielsen fan, but that penalty was perhaps the most stupid one he has ever made...

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009

Big Nielsen fan, but that penalty was perhaps the most stupid one he has ever made...

Buffalo player trapped his stick under his armpit. Not much he could do.

J-Swift

Jan 5, 2006

I think the refs had to call it, but in fairness to Nielsen, it looked to me like the Sabre player clamped his arm down to get the penalty.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Zetterberg should have been called for holding on oreieley earlier in the 4 on 3 PP when it was in our end

it balances out , they capiltizated on their opportunities and we didn't

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
how about it get called a penalty shot like it should have been called.

That literally has nothing to do with Zetterberg winning a key faceoff. Not only did he lose every faceoff in OT, he lost them cleanly. The PP was wasted because of this.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Zetterberg should have been called for holding on oreieley earlier in the 4 on 3 PP when it was in our end

it balances out , they capiltizated on their opportunities and we didn't

you mean when the buffalo man interfered with him?

LeftBackLegend

Oct 15, 2011
Not even mad about the game. I'd rather we had hung on to Filppula than end up with Nielsen though (I know not entirely related, but you should know what I mean).

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I think the refs had to call it, but in fairness to Nielsen, it looked to me like the Sabre player clamped his arm down to get the penalty.
The sabre held his stick. He should not have been called.
That literally has nothing to do with Zetterberg winning a key faceoff. Not only did he lose every faceoff in OT, he lost them cleanly. The PP was wasted because of this.
WWE were terrible both this game on face offs and the game vs bruins

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013
Sheahan leading forwards in TOIC, AA the least. Blashill my hero.

Blashill is the worst coach in the NHL. AA was flying out there tonight and gets no ice in overtime and 4 shifts in the third. He just missed twice. 71 gets the ice time and can't buy a goal. Having DD and Sheahan out there is an absolute joke.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Really is a **** off to lose this way, but we got a loser point, and Boston lost in regulation. Could have been worse.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Red Wings got jobbed!!!

That said, so glad HELMER is back!! Wings are going to start winning some games now they are getting healthy. Mantha was hardly visible this game. He's gonna get sent back down if he doesn't start playing like he's capable of.

Mrazek was solid, finally. Maybe that OT goal was something he maybe he should of had, but I won't fault him on that.

Good news is BOSTON lost in regulation, Wings pickup a much needed point. Wings are still very much in the hunt. BOSTON and LEAFS need to keep losing.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Blashill is the worst coach in the NHL. AA was flying out there tonight and gets no ice in overtime and 4 shifts in the third. He just missed twice. 71 gets the ice time and can't buy a goal. Having DD and Sheahan out there is an absolute joke.
AA was not looking good tonight imo. This is one of the few times I really wanted to describe a player as "lost" in the defensive zone. He was chasing. He wasn't in position. He was moving around but didn't seem to have any clue what to do.

And on offense he wasn't doing much either. Less lost of course, because his skills clearly lie with getting the puck into the net, but not one of his better nights.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
AA was not looking good tonight imo. This is one of the few times I really wanted to describe a player as "lost" in the defensive zone. He was chasing. He wasn't in position. He was moving around but didn't seem to have any clue what to do.

And on offense he wasn't doing much either. Less lost of course, because his skills clearly lie with getting the puck into the net, but not one of his better nights.

He barely got a chance to do anything. He needs ice time. Sheahan has no goals in 25 thousand games, yet always gets his minutes because....? This Blashill hate for AA is insanity.

J-Swift

Jan 5, 2006
Dekeyser and the power-play snatched defeat from the jaw of victory tonight. And the defensive zone coverage by the forwards is just awful. They give up a dozen great point shots a game. It's hard to have any faith in a team that looks so poorly coached.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Dekeyser and the power-play snatched defeat from the jaw of victory tonight. And the defensive zone coverage by the forwards is just awful. They give up a dozen great point shots a game. It's hard to have any faith in a team that looks so poorly coached.

AA 10:54
No Goals 17:20

:shakehead The man this organization calls the head coach hasn't a clue.

J-Swift

Jan 5, 2006
AA 10:54
No Goals 17:20

:shakehead The man this organization calls the head coach hasn't a clue.
Why the hell isn't Helm centering Larkin and Tatar on the third line instead of Sheahan? Every offensive zone play dies on his stick.

Sheriff Bert

Blash is Trash
Apr 24, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Well, that was a waste of $35. I had more fun tonight watching Mickey's expressions in the press box than the actual players on the ice.

Refs were some of the worst of the year. There were so many calls that should have been made. O'Reilly's GTG shouldn't have counted for hauling down DK. I can't even say how many times Green has either fell down or lost the puck tonight.

Also, way too many missed chances gone wide. I should have known it was gonna be a bad night when the players were having trouble hitting the net in WARM UPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln