Wings roster (height/weight)

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Don't know if this is the official stats, but they've updated it for this season

http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=60

sheahan is a really big boy now,
abdelkader cut off a couple of kg
franzen has gained 4-5kgs, and he's actually shorter than I thought - only 189cm
smith has filled out that frame nicely he was like 86kg when drafted.
miller and dekeyser are skinny as hell

Whats your toughts? anyone surprises you? questionable?

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
The Wings have actually been getting a lot bigger over the past few years and that should continue into the future with Mantha, AA, Bertuzzi, etc.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Don't know if this is the official stats, but they've updated it for this season

http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=60

sheahan is a really big boy now,
abdelkader cut off a couple of kg
franzen has gained 4-5kgs, and he's actually shorter than I thought - only 189cm
smith has filled out that frame nicely he was like 86kg when drafted.
miller and dekeyser are skinny as hell

Whats your toughts? anyone surprises you? questionable?

Ferraro's not 187 lbs.

Z, Smith, and maybe a few others are probably given an inch.

Nothing too crazy.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Yep Holland is targeting bigger forwards at the draft, The future is definitely looking brighter.

As long as it isn't at the expense of skill, I'm cool with it. Skills, not size, is what has made the Wings successful for 24 years.

steafo

Sep 26, 2005
Michigan
I didn't realize Mrazek was bigger than Howard. Does he play more compact or something? He just seems shorter to me for some reason.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
I didn't realize Mrazek was bigger than Howard. Does he play more compact or something? He just seems shorter to me for some reason.
He's definitely not 187 cm tall, that I'm sure of. Looking at pictures and games, Howard certainly looks like the taller of the two.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I love that our roster is pretty much 6 feet now all of them.

Riley Sheahan surprises me, didnt think he was that big.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
One thing I always notice when I attend games in person is when they line up for the national anthem Ericsson seems WAY bigger than everyone else. Really seems like he should be listed at like 6'5" and I don't think anyone else is bigger than 6'3" by comparison.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
How up to date is your site? They said Howie lost a lot of weight over the summer.

Have kind of noticed this about even the team cites, as the Wings have all these weights. Yet we have heard things like Howard lost 12 lbs before this season and his weight is around the same it was last year. Larkin is now around or over 200 lbs was reported sometimes and now he is listed 10 lbs underneath that.

Of course when Nill took the job in Dallas he said Zetterberg was 170 lbs. So the teams always play around with this, basically it is really hard to know outside of the draft combine process where this is handled by another party.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Have kind of noticed this about even the team cites, as the Wings have all these weights. Yet we have heard things like Howard lost 12 lbs before this season and his weight is around the same it was last year. Larkin is now around or over 200 lbs was reported sometimes and now he is listed 10 lbs underneath that.

Of course when Nill took the job in Dallas he said Zetterberg was 170 lbs. So the teams always play around with this, basically it is really hard to know outside of the draft combine process where this is handled by another party.

I've seen you kick this around, but I look at Z and see no way in hell he is 160 or 170 lbs. Unless he has hollow bones or something. He doesn't look scrawny, and at his height he would have to be for that rumor to be true.

sean3250

Feb 7, 2015
Is Nyquist really only 183lbs? I thought he was supposed to bulk up this offseason. Playing at 180 or so ain't gonna cut it, especially in the playoffs when he's gonna be getting pushed around.

So far this year I haven't seen much if any improvement in his strength and board play either.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Is Nyquist really only 183lbs? I thought he was supposed to bulk up this offseason. Playing at 180 or so ain't gonna cut it, especially in the playoffs when he's gonna be getting pushed around.

So far this year I haven't seen much if any improvement in his strength and board play either.

It seems this offaeason's gains and losses aren't favored into these figures. Several of the beat writers mentioned he gained weight thus summer.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I've seen you kick this around, but I look at Z and see no way in hell he is 160 or 170 lbs. Unless he has hollow bones or something. He doesn't look scrawny, and at his height he would have to be for that rumor to be true.

I didn't kick it around Jim Nill did. I don't believe he is that small, but with how emphatically Nill put it, I seriously doubt the mid to high 190's he is constantly listed at.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I didn't kick it around Jim Nill did. I don't believe he is that small, but with how emphatically Nill put it, I seriously doubt the mid to high 190's he is constantly listed at.

Wasn't saying you made it up. It must have been a playful jab or something I imagine, cause I just don't see how he can be that light?

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Wasn't saying you made it up. It must have been a playful jab or something I imagine, cause I just don't see how he can be that light?

Maybe it's a beginning of season weight vs end of season weight thing. With all of the travel, training, and playing these guys do, they probably lose a fair chunk of weight over the season. It wouldn't surprise me if he started every year in the 180s and then slipped in or near the 170s by the end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad