Wings record in the first round...Hmmm?

Octopus

May 17, 2006
I recently replied to a post about first round duds and did a little research and realized the Wings have been less than stellar in the first round in many years. Most recently Ted McCollum looks like he might be a bust, but there's still time as he's only 23. Years before there were picks like Maxim Kuznetsov, Yan Golubovsky, Curtis Bowen, Kory Kocur, Fred Williams, Pierre Guite that were absolute duds. Hopefully the same thing doesn't happen this year...I'm hoping the Wings pick Zykov or Mantha with some scoring potential.

djdan6215

Feb 26, 2012
need a player with a potential to be a scorer and points producer in the nhl thats`it:yo:

VALENTIN ZYKOV --QJMHL --40 GOALS --75 PTS
CURTIS LAZAR -- WHL --38 GOALS -- 68 PTS
ANTHONY MANTHA --QJMHL -- 50 GOALS -- 89 PTS
KERBY RYCHEL -- OHL --40 GOALS --- 87 PTS

bo horvat (33 goals--61pts)would be a good option too but probably not available at the 18 rank

one of these guys please...

Octopus

May 17, 2006
need a player with a potential to be a scorer and points producer in the nhl thats`it:yo:

VALENTIN ZYKOV --QJMHL --40 GOALS --75 PTS
CURTIS LAZAR -- WHL --38 GOALS -- 68 PTS
ANTHONY MANTHA --QJMHL -- 50 GOALS -- 89 PTS
KERBY RYCHEL -- OHL --40 GOALS --- 87 PTS

bo horvat (33 goals--61pts)would be a good option too but probably not available at the 18 rank

one of these guys please...

Good choices....I love Mantha's size....reminds me of Jeff Carter...I think if I were Holland though, I'd take Zykov...he has Russian skill to go with a North American work ethic and he's built like a Mack Truck

wingfan

Jul 1, 2012
If Alex Wennberg is on the board at 18 and ANY of those prospects are picked over him(especially Rychel, we could trade down to 24-28ish and probably still land him) I am going to throw a hissy fit.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Late firsts are always a tricky. Most teams don't consistently get stars at that stage. However, it's one area the Wings drafting has needed improvement, I'll agree there.

I could change my tune if Kindl and Smith pick up their play. ;)

Point Shot

Keep It Realgud
Feb 12, 2013
I'm not sold on Mantha. I've heard elsewhere that his work ethic is pretty questionable.

I like Zykov.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Ted McCollum

Don't know about that guy:laugh:

Thomas busted, really like him a bunch, hope he can put it together somewhere else. Still has a lot of raw ability, but cannot see him even if he ironed out his game being more than a Montoya like resurgence into a backup type guy.

Dreaming that Horvat will fall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad