Wings Prospects??

Status
Not open for further replies.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
pavel datsyuk said:
Holmstrom with better skating

yeah maybe, but jamtin has more grit. i think he wouldn't mind fighting once in a while. he can be a pest at times.

PigPen

Jun 25, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
I wouldn't call Oulahan a Kris Draper type shut-down forward. I'd label him as a Stephan yelle type shut-down forward. Although I think Oulahan will be a slightly better goalscorer in the NHL than Yelle.

Kronwall will be Kronwall. I won't compare him to Lidstrom or to Vladdy or to any other NHL defenseman, but I will say that he'll be a rock of a player once he's fully developed and makes the jump.

Howard could either be a top goaltender in the league or a solid #1 guy. I don't see him as a backup. He's just too competative, too skilled to be a backup.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Dan Galvin said:
When might Filppula come over to Detroit? Any guesses?

I'd guess the 2006-2007 season, he might want one good season without army obligations under his belt before coming over.

And FYI, Filppula has been followed more closely at the Red Wings board (Prospects to watch -thread).

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Thanks for the info everyone. I try to keep on most of the Wings prospects. I frequently post/read over at RWC, which has very good Wings prospect info, but it is always nice to see the different opinions from people (especially those who get to see the players often). The only prospect that I listed that I've seen play was Kronwall, and I must say I was very impressed by him in his limited time with the Wings last season. He seems to have an excellent first pass and a pretty acurrate/hard shot. His offensive games reminds me of Lids. I don't think he'll win any hardest shot competitions, but he'll get his goals from the point on the PP. Hopefully both he and Fischer will get some PP time when the NHL/ or another league.... starts up. As of right now I'd say only Lids and maybe Wooley are the only 2 PP QBs that the Wings have. Hatch and Chelly are simply too slow. If he devlopes into a solid top 3 dman I'll be extremely happy. Its funny that the year he was drafted everyone was complaining about the selection. His game seems like it is suited well for the NA style of play.

Coffey77

Mar 12, 2002
Visit site
19 for president said:
Thanks for the info everyone. I try to keep on most of the Wings prospects. I frequently post/read over at RWC, which has very good Wings prospect info, but it is always nice to see the different opinions from people (especially those who get to see the players often). The only prospect that I listed that I've seen play was Kronwall, and I must say I was very impressed by him in his limited time with the Wings last season. He seems to have an excellent first pass and a pretty acurrate/hard shot. His offensive games reminds me of Lids. I don't think he'll win any hardest shot competitions, but he'll get his goals from the point on the PP. Hopefully both he and Fischer will get some PP time when the NHL/ or another league.... starts up. As of right now I'd say only Lids and maybe Wooley are the only 2 PP QBs that the Wings have. Hatch and Chelly are simply too slow. If he devlopes into a solid top 3 dman I'll be extremely happy. Its funny that the year he was drafted everyone was complaining about the selection. His game seems like it is suited well for the NA style of play.

I'll admit I was one of those who went "huh" when Kronwall was selected. He's a blue chipper to me now. He's mobile, has a hard shot, can play at both ends of the rink but also isn't afraid of rough play. I noticed that when I saw the preseason game live between Detroit and Toronto. He wasn't frazzled when Owen Nolan hit him and later in the game hit him right back. I really don't the Wings should try to resign Schneider (probably won't be able to anyway because of a cap etc.) because they are solid enough on defence.

Lidstrom, Hatcher, Chelios, Kronwall, Dandenault, Fischer and Woolley is a decent core. It's the forwards that could use some help.

As for other Wing prospects, Grigorenko now has 3 points in 8 games for ufa of the Russian Super League. He's starting to rebound but I expect at least another year before we see if he's back to normal or not.
-Hudler continues to produce whereever he goes. AHL, Czech Elite etc. He has IMO, NHL hockey sense and skills. But he's not only small but he's not super fast. Most of the small guys that did make it to the NHL are great skaters. Like St.Louis or Fleury. Hudler doesn't have much top end speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad