Prospect Info: Wings Prospect Discussion

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Can't find any news on Buchelnikov. He never been in training camp, wonder if he even care about coming to NA, is it just another waste of second round

Murmansk16A

Apr 29, 2022
Can't find any news on Buchelnikov. He never been in training camp, wonder if he even care about coming to NA, is it just another waste of second round
Saw this on Twitter the other day.

Red Wings Prospects

@LGRWProspects

Dmitri Buchelnikov(2nd round’22) on the Russian 25 Roster. Just excited to watch this kid play some more. Hopefully he plays. I’ll obviously be tracking these games.

GLxGAFXXsAAGMIt.jpg

Reactions: lilidk

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Sounds like the Traverse City prospect tourney is all but dead. Only Dallas is coming up this year, to play a couple games against Detroit. All good things must come to an end, but kinda sad.

I went to two of the tournaments over the years, back when it was 8 teams. I didn’t quite appreciate back then that it was the golden age of the tournament. Was pretty cool to see the number of big time hockey names around. Was a blast to see so many all in one place. Somewhere I still have programs filled with signatures, and all my amateur scouting notes from the practices and games :laugh:

Red Wings’ Traverse City Rookie Tournament Down to Two Teams

Seems to me like as the camp started to be composed of teams with different intentions, it lost value. I think it was a few years ago when I noticed teams coming into town with a bunch of nothing caliber prospects who just played to make some hits. It's unfortunate, but the reality is the kids are getting more out of 99% of their other offseason camps, training, and their in-season matchups than they do from the tournament.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad