Pre-Game Talk: Wings @ Pens 2/18/16 7 pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Pulkkinen is quite the polarizing player. This year he proved he is a capable nhl scorer and i beleive he will be a twenty goal plus scorer next year or the year after

You know he's a healthy scratch right now, right?

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
You better believe teams would be interested in acquiring a 6'3, 220 pound centerman with a shot.

Sheahan has a great shot, really really underrated hands, and is excellent along the boards.

If Sheahan was more aggressive offensively he would be a great player. He's just too passive most of the time when he has the puck though unfortunately.

jerrymac

Oct 24, 2011
GB
Ya know, Richards isn't exactly setting the world on fire centering the 2nd line.

We're icing Brad Richards. A guy bought out from NY quicker than a drive-thru at 2:00 in the afternoon and who I will repeat Chicago won a cup with DESPITE not because of. Richards was not brought in to be a 2C, the reasoning this offseason was he was a placeholder for Datsyuk. I can appreciate some of the passes but Richard's shot and skating remind me of Cleary every time. He's never involved in the battles he lingers around the fringe waiting in support. We will never push far with Richards in such a key role on this team.

14 points in 23 games from a 2nd line center in the playoffs doesn't sound too bad to me,

skate skate skate

Apr 6, 2014
Europe
I dont know if Shehan still has value, looks like he has the worst +/- in the team.

He's being mad unlucky right now, basically the opposite of Larkin. Sheahan has a PDO of 95.7 (worst on the team, not counting XO);
his personal-Sh% is 5.3 and get's a personal-Sv% of 90.4. Comparing that to Larkin, who's PDO is 105.5; personal-Sh% is 12.5
and personal-Sv% is 93 (5v5).

goaltendingByPlayer-1516-DET.png

Blashill should scratch underperforming players in order for them to wake up an put Mantha on and we will see his play in the big league..

Is people on here disappointed in Sheahan? Do you think he's under-performing? In a way he is, because there was hope of him becominga 2C. I
think that will never happen; he's a bottom six player, and a damn good bottom six player IMO.

Yes, he's playing wing on our 4th (really, our 3rd) line right now, but I think his line has been our second best line since these new lines were assembled.

Either way, I don't see him as a disappointment this season. Just wish he would shoot the puck more and that he would get PP time instead of Helm.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Ya know, Richards isn't exactly setting the world on fire centering the 2nd line.
Here's a list of the top 2C's in the NHL:

Bergeron
Couture
Carter
Stepan
Eichel
McDavid

We're icing Brad Richards. A guy bought out from NY quicker than a drive-thru at 2:00 in the afternoon and who I will repeat Chicago won a cup with DESPITE not because of. Richards was not brought in to be a 2C, the reasoning this offseason was he was a placeholder for Datsyuk. I can appreciate some of the passes but Richard's shot and skating remind me of Cleary every time. He's never involved in the battles he lingers around the fringe waiting in support. We will never push far with Richards in such a key role on this team.

That line has 0 chemistry and it's a problem. I can't even say Athanasiou or Sheahan is the answer. **** put Larkin at center. With Z and D needed together I see this as a major deficiency that if can't be addressed immediately needs to be considered for next year.

richards had 14 playoff points last year, i was an important player

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Sheahan has a great shot, really really underrated hands, and is excellent along the boards.

If Sheahan was more aggressive offensively he would be a great player. He's just too passive most of the time when he has the puck though unfortunately.

He's barely played 200 games in the NHL. He's at just over two full seasons. He needs more time adjusting his game for the pro level, particularly his size.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009

The last 2 seasons (60 games) Pulkkinen has scored at a 15 goal/82 game pace playing just 11 minutes a night....often on the 4th line. 20 goals wouldn't be crazy at all if he was in the lineup every night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad