Pre-Game Talk: Wings @ Pens 2/18/16 7 pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Going to this one, had it circled on the calendar all year, please win boys.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
This better be Tatar's last chance before demotion. He's been very annoying in his play the past few days. He's playing with our leading scorer and a pretty intelligent playmaker on the second line with good PP time. Better get it going and he better get it going the right way.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I dont know if Shehan still has value, looks like he has the worst +/- in the team.

He never seems to hurt you, though. Not too many individual mistakes. I'm glad he's been demoted to the 4th line. If he wants to be higher up and change his trajectory, he's going to need to put up points. Not even on pace to break 20 points at this point. But he brings something.

Wonder if he'll ask for a 1 year contract to rebound. Don't think the Wings should give him that - get 2 bargain years out of him. At this point, he's really killed his asking power. I don't think he warrants more than $1.5M.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
This better be Tatar's last chance before demotion. He's been very annoying in his play the past few days. He's playing with our leading scorer and a pretty intelligent playmaker on the second line with good PP time. Better get it going and he better get it going the right way.

He was playing with our leading scorer, he helped change that pretty quickly...:shakehead

edmundbenz

Mar 30, 2014
New Jersey
He never seems to hurt you, though. Not too many individual mistakes. I'm glad he's been demoted to the 4th line. If he wants to be higher up and change his trajectory, he's going to need to put up points. Not even on pace to break 20 points at this point. But he brings something.

Wonder if he'll ask for a 1 year contract to rebound. Don't think the Wings should give him that - get 2 bargain years out of him. At this point, he's really killed his asking power. I don't think he warrants more than $1.5M.

Blashill should scratch underperforming players in order for them to wake up an put Mantha on and we will see his play in the big league..

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
I have a soft spot for Richards but damn I wish pulkkinen could get some decent top 9 ice time

Agree. I am still mad about the 3 games in four nights and 2 games both day games back to back with travel. I hope I phrased that right it is 3 am.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Ya know, Richards isn't exactly setting the world on fire centering the 2nd line.
Here's a list of the top 2C's in the NHL:

Bergeron
Couture
Carter
Stepan
Eichel
McDavid

We're icing Brad Richards. A guy bought out from NY quicker than a drive-thru at 2:00 in the afternoon and who I will repeat Chicago won a cup with DESPITE not because of. Richards was not brought in to be a 2C, the reasoning this offseason was he was a placeholder for Datsyuk. I can appreciate some of the passes but Richard's shot and skating remind me of Cleary every time. He's never involved in the battles he lingers around the fringe waiting in support. We will never push far with Richards in such a key role on this team.

That line has 0 chemistry and it's a problem. I can't even say Athanasiou or Sheahan is the answer. **** put Larkin at center. With Z and D needed together I see this as a major deficiency that if can't be addressed immediately needs to be considered for next year.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Ya know, Richards isn't exactly setting the world on fire centering the 2nd line.

Bergeron
Couture
Carter
Stepan
Eichel
McDavid

We're icing Brad Richards. A guy bought out from NY quicker than a drive-thru at 2:00 in the afternoon and who I will repeat Chicago won a cup with DESPITE not because of. Richards was not brought in to be a 2C, the reasoning this offseason was he was a placeholder for Datsyuk. I can appreciate some of the passes but Richard's shot and skating remind me of Cleary every time. He's never involved in the battles he lingers around the fringe waiting in support. We will never push far with Richards in such a key role on this team.

That line has 0 chemistry and it's a problem. I can't even say Athanasiou or Sheahan is the answer. **** put Larkin at center. With Z and D needed together I see this as a major deficiency that if can't be addressed immediately needs to be considered for next year.
Richards is one of our better faceoff guys. I think he's fine when he has good wingers. That line just needs Tatar to wake up. Larkin is hopefully ready to be a full-time C next season.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
Agree. I am still mad about the 3 games in four nights and 2 games both day games back to back with travel. I hope I phrased that right it is 3 am.

No thanks. Everyone's better than he is.

But I'm also not his biggest fan. Far from. The team is better without him.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008

Bergeron
Couture
Carter
Stepan
Eichel
McDavid

Here's the list of 2Cs that won the Cup last season:

Brad Richards

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
Pulkkinen is quite the polarizing player. This year he proved he is a capable nhl scorer and i beleive he will be a twenty goal plus scorer next year or the year after

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad