Pre-Game Talk: Wings @ Our Daddy's House

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
I love this complaint that we havent won in Philly in almost 20 years.

But its really only 12 loses.

So like 8 years we never even played them.

12 loses in a row is not good. but hey, lets make it sound as bad as possible :P

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
I love this complaint that we havent won in Philly in almost 20 years.

But its really only 12 loses.

So like 8 years we never even played them.

12 loses in a row is not good. but hey, lets make it sound as bad as possible :P

arent those two differnt things

games vs years?

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Thats my point. :P

I actually fail to see your point. Just looks like another jab to me at fans you don't agree with. I wouldn't call it a complaint at all. It's silly trivia that fans are playing around with. Nobody really cares that we haven't won in a particular place or not in so and so years. Especially when the last year we won there we were kicking their ass in the finals.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Seems like he's the odd man out tmrw and just the place holder for Z who takes a maintenance day.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Bertuzzi on the top line? I doubt he plays over nyquist there. I think they should put Larkin back with Z. Maybe put Bertuzzi on the wing.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Why don't the Wings go with 11 forwards and 7 defenseman? Kronwall and Ericsson could use the time off (and Green too, since he's leading the defense in TOI this season), and we could create a good competition between March, Smith, XO, and Sproul.

Vanek and Jurco are out, Bert can go back down (it would save cap), Miller and Ott can sit, and all of Nyquist, Sheahan, Larkin, Abby, AA, and Glen could stand to get a one minute (some of them two) bump in TOI. It would also give Sheahan the chance to take some more defensive shifts (we need to make something of him), Larkin to get some shifts at center, AA to get some more offensive shifts, Nyquist to get more opportune time, and Abby/Glen to take out a gritty/defensive role on an offensive line.

One Blurred Eye

Prefer the future.
Sep 27, 2014
I measure the Wings' success in parsecs, personally.

How many parsecs did it take for The Millennium Penguins to make Kessel's Stanley Cup run? Who cares, Detroit sucks!

What did Luke Wingsfan say when he saw Ken RebuildsSoSlow's Winged Wheel in the hangar bay? What a piece of junk!

What did Ken Holland do with his landspeeder in Mos Eisley? Traded it down for two third-round Banthas (and selected forwards with them)!

What did Admiral Ken Hackbar say when the Death Star II blasted the Rebel Wing ship? We like our team!

What did Han Solo say when he cut open the Red Wing's roster? I thought they stunk on the outside!

Why was a dianoga found in the Red Wings locker room? Because that's where all the garbage is!

What did Obi Wan Ken Holland say to the stormtroopers in Mos Eisley when they inquired about his droids? For an overpaid washed up veteran, you've got yourself a deal!

What did Blashill Calrissian say when the hyperdrive on the Winged Wheel failed while trying to escape Cloud (or any) City? They told me they fixed it in the offseason!

Why did General Ken Holland keep Luke Skywalker out of the Death Star Attack lineup? To preserve his waiver immunity. (Or tie goes to the vet. Or his salary cap was maxed. Or because.)

Emperor Ken Holland personally designs the new Death Star. Darth Vader asks him why he didn't fix the gaping hole on defense. Ken explains he'll fill it with AHLers! Darth Vader joins the Dallas Stars.

Yes, these are all terrible. Like the Red Wings. Ba da dump crash!

Jim Gaffigan-esque aside voice: (they're not THAT bad, are they? A little frustrating maybe but sheeesh. Why's he talking about Star Wars on a hockey forum? What is hockey anyway? Is it like bacon? He's sure obsessed with bacon!).

I smell some wins a'comin' though. We'll be a little more hopeful by the end of the month I'm sure.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Wow didn't know we again have the most MGL in the league so far? We've lost 90 man games. Why is this team always so injured?

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Franzen+Vitale+Jurco is already 60+ MGL.

completely forgot about Franzen and Vitale. That is 4 players on IR which explains why the number is so high. 2 of them will never play this year and the other 2 are marginal pieces at best. Really nothing of significance lost

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
How come you guys can't figure out who plays left wing and who plays right wing? I see Ansar Khan's practice lines regularly and then when I watch the Wings, the left-wingers are playing right wing and the right-wingers are playing left wing! And then just to mess with my head even more, one of the lines are as Khan writes but the other three are inverted. And then, of course, after a loss Blashill changes the lines so I have to start all over again trying to figure it all out.

It is very frustrating. Sorry for the rant, I just was wondering if you guys have a similar issue or have you all just given up trying to figure it out?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
How come you guys can't figure out who plays left wing and who plays right wing? I see Ansar Khan's practice lines regularly and then when I watch the Wings, the left-wingers are playing right wing and the right-wingers are playing left wing! And then just to mess with my head even more, one of the lines are as Khan writes but the other three are inverted. And then, of course, after a loss Blashill changes the lines so I have to start all over again trying to figure it all out.

It is very frustrating. Sorry for the rant, I just was wondering if you guys have a similar issue or have you all just given up trying to figure it out?

It's Khan not us, most of us know where guys play. Khan routinely lists LW's as RW's, and LD's as RD's, etc.. But if you look at our GDT's most of us switch them to their appropriate side.

I'd trust our GDT's over the Khan tweets for the most part. Kronwall never ever plays RD, for example but Khan regularly puts him there. Same with Nyquist, he plays RW 90-95% of the time, but often gets listed as a LW. Kronwall is a RD in our last GDT only because no one had one up and Winger threw one up last minute and just copied and pasted from Khan.

It's Khan not us, most of us know where guys play. Khan routinely lists LW's as RW's, and LD's as RD's, etc.. But if you look at our GDT's most of us switch them to their appropriate side.

I'd trust our GDT's over the Khan tweets for the most part. Kronwall never ever plays RD, for example but Khan regularly puts him there. Same with Nyquist, he plays RW 90-95% of the time, but often gets listed as a LW. Kronwall is a RD in our last GDT only because no one had one up and Winger threw one up last minute and just copied and pasted from Khan.

TL:DR we try to get it right, but Blashill puts our lines in a blender every couple days and our beat writer pays 0 attention to what side guys are on. So we do what we can.

Last edited:

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC

TL:DR we try to get it right, but Blashill puts our lines in a blender every couple days and our beat writer pays 0 attention to what side guys are on. So we do what we can.

Thanks for this. I will keep this in mind going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad