Proposal: Wings-Leafs

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
I don't think losing Kerfoot, plus a prospect like Amirov or Niemela, and a 1st round pick, is good roster management, for a guy who has scored 21 goals twice and has finished in the mid 40 point range both of those years. That's basically another Zack Hyman type, and well Hyman is a good player (so is Bertuzzi), you lose a similar player in terms of points (Kerfoot), and the you strip your center depth in the process.
Think of how much better Bertuzzi would be playing with an offensive team like Toronto. There’s really not much comparison between Toronto and Detroit in that respect. Plus they could use more toughness come playoff time.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Leafs need a gritty two way winger who can score. The wings are rebuilding and looking for strong future prospects. Would a deal like this work ?

To
Toronto
Bertuzzi

To
Detroit
1st in 2021
Amirov
Hallander
Kerfoot
2nd in 2022

Would this work for Wings and Leaf fans ?
Why would Detroit deal Tyler Bertuzzi? He's 25 years old and way more fits our rebuilding time line, Steve Yzerman was 32 years old when he won his first cup for pete sakes. So let's not blow this thing out of proportion just because Detroit's rebuilding doesn't mean we're just giving up young pieces like Bertuzzi. Why would Detroit have any interest in Kerfoot when we just signed Namestnikov who's basically the same player as Kerfoot and can play multiple rolls up and down the lineup. No thanks we'll just keep Bertuzzi for right now.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Why would Detroit deal Tyler Bertuzzi? He's 25 years old and way more fits our rebuilding time line, Steve Yzerman was 32 years old when he won his first cup for pete sakes. So let's not blow this thing out of proportion just because Detroit's rebuilding doesn't mean we're just giving up young pieces like Bertuzzi. Why would Detroit have any interest in Kerfoot when we just signed Namestnikov who's basically the same player as Kerfoot and can play multiple rolls up and down the lineup. No thanks we'll just keep Bertuzzi for right now.
I'd understand this post if Kerfoot was the first asset listed and you had just stopped reading, but you had to go past a 1st, the player drafted 15th OA this summer, and a good prospect to get to Kerfoot. Yeah, Kerfoot's just a guy, but this is beyond even the typical "It would take a ridiculous overpayment to get our guy" HF post.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Yeah i hardly call that gutting the farm, Toronto's 1st and 2nd round picks will be late. We don't need Kerfoot as we just signed Namestnikov who's basically the exact same kind of player and Hallander and Amirov yeah we'll keep Bertuzzi for those pieces.
Rodion Amirov was drafted 15th overall in the 2020 draft. Filip Hallander was drafted 58th overall in 2018 by the Penguins and is developing well. They are the two futures assets the Leafs got out of trading Kapanen.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Leafs need a gritty two way winger who can score. The wings are rebuilding and looking for strong future prospects. Would a deal like this work ?

To
Toronto
Bertuzzi

To
Detroit
1st in 2021
Amirov
Hallander
Kerfoot
2nd in 2022

Red wings maybe throw in their arena to even it out ???? LOL

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
What for that pkg your fanbase would drive Bert to the airport

Reactions: Sundinisagod

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I love Bertuzzi and don't really want to trade him. Furthermore it's a quantity for quality deal... But yeah that's a lot of value coming from the Leafs. I'd do it.

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Think of how much better Bertuzzi would be playing with an offensive team like Toronto. There’s really not much comparison between Toronto and Detroit in that respect. Plus they could use more toughness come playoff time.

Trade value isn't about how much better a player will be with his next team. It's strictly about what he's accomplished, what both sides project he has left for upside and what his contract details look like.

I'm a Bertuzzi fan for sure, but he's a two time 21 goal scorer, who has twice finished in the mid 40's in terms of points. Really solid player, but don't inflate his value because of what he could be playing in Toronto's top 6.

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
I love Bertuzzi and don't really want to trade him. Furthermore it's a quantity for quality deal... But yeah that's a lot of value coming from the Leafs. I'd do it.

Don't blame you. I wouldn't want to trade him either. Obviously, there is no way Toronto would give up close to the initial proposal.

Reactions: HisNoodliness

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

To
Toronto
Bertuzzi

To
Detroit
1st in 2021
Amirov
Hallander
Kerfoot
2nd in 2022

That is an awful lot for Bertuzzi. Like a real lot. You'd more realistically be looking at a late 1st or that 2nd. If you're dumping a bunch of players with him and you're including the pick as the sweetner to take that, it maybe makes more sense. But this is an awfully high price for what Bertuzzi is.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012

Dude, if this package is on the table for Tyler Bertuzzi, you take it and run. That's pretty far above market value for a player who's done what he has so far.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Dude, if this package is on the table for Tyler Bertuzzi, you take it and run. That's pretty far above market value for a player who's done what he has so far.

Yeah but this package isn't on the table. The value is off. That's way too much for Bert. I do agree that Bert on the Leafs would be a good fit, but the initial proposal was too steep.

In the end, this will never happen. I honestly could see Mantha being moved within a year, but I think Bert will be a Red Wing for a while.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
Yeah but this package isn't on the table. The value is off. That's way too much for Bert. I do agree that Bert on the Leafs would be a good fit, but not for the initial proposal.

In the end, this will never happen. I honestly could see Mantha being moved within a year, but I think Bert will be a Red Wing for a while.

Right, that's just what I was saying. Like the only reason you'd trade Bertuzzi is if an offer like this was on the table. So, for my post, that was my assumption. You get this offer or anything close to it... See ya, Tyler.

Other than this, an actual fair market deal for Bertuzzi? I don't want to trade him. The guy I responded to made it clear he wasn't interested in the listed deal here. A 1st, 2nd, a couple prospects and Alex Kerfoot.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Yeah i hardly call that gutting the farm, Toronto's 1st and 2nd round picks will be late. We don't need Kerfoot as we just signed Namestnikov who's basically the exact same kind of player and Hallander and Amirov yeah we'll keep Bertuzzi for those pieces.
That is gutting our farm. Late or not those will be our top 2 picks. people need to understand a late 1st is still a 1st. and all contenders have late 1sts. also i see a lot of "that 1st is so late its basically a 2nd" as well as "that 2nd is so high its basically a 1st". reality is a 1st is a 1st and a 2nd is a 2nd. as well as Amirov being one of our top prospects that is gutting the farm and a big overpay for a guy like Bertuzzi.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Trade value isn't about how much better a player will be with his next team. It's strictly about what he's accomplished, what both sides project he has left for upside and what his contract details look like.

I'm a Bertuzzi fan for sure, but he's a two time 21 goal scorer, who has twice finished in the mid 40's in terms of points. Really solid player, but don't inflate his value because of what he could be playing in Toronto's top 6.
Absolutely. I agree with you. I don’t think Toronto needs to over pay because of what I think he could do in Toronto.

I don’t agree with The OP value however I think he would cost a little more because of the potential he would have in Toronto.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
I would love Bertuzzi (obviously not at anywhere near that price), but I don't think we'd be able to re-sign him in the off season

MattyNew91

Jul 5, 2018
I obviously made a big mistake then. I still think he would be a great add but not for the offer above. The thread can be closed I made it thinking hes scored 30 in a season. I was obviously very wrong.

Just confused how you don't look something like that up.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Amirov and 1st is probably fair value. Detroit shouldn’t have any interest in trading Bertuzzi and I wouldn’t move him for that though.

Octopus

May 17, 2006

To
Toronto
Bertuzzi

To
Detroit
1st in 2021
Amirov
Hallander
Kerfoot
2nd in 2022

Octopus

May 17, 2006

To
Toronto
Bertuzzi

To
Detroit
1st in 2021
Amirov
Hallander
Kerfoot
2nd in 2022

Generous offer for the Wings and Bertuzzi. The Wings have plenty of prospects at this point and another 6 picks in the first 3 rounds in the next draft. They don't have a puck mover on the back end in their list of prospects right now so I think Sandin would need to be part of this package. So switch out Amirov for Sandin...maybe...thoughts??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad