Pre-Game Talk: Wings @ Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obe2kenobe

Mar 23, 2014
U.P.
I guess this team really isnt that interested in winning because if they were Bert would not see the ice again. Call up Callahan and tell Bert to just head back home, he does nothing but hurt the team. Apparently they will never understand this. How sad.

I sure they want to win. Just think Babcock and Holland are a little stuck in the past, thinking Bertuzzi has something to contribute. I do agree he does nothing but hurt the team. Doesn't skate hard, watch him for a shift, then watch a guy like Tatar. Tell me, which guy looks like they are giving it 100%

HomersWorld

Mar 8, 2012
Was hoping to maybe see Monster in net, then go back to Howard on Sunday.

I think it goes without saying that this game is a must win. And I really don't want to see Glendening's line going head to head with Kessel :help:

FNCardascia

Jul 15, 2009
If those players were set in stone in terms of playing tomorrow, I'd personally like to see the lines juggled a bit more, I know.. some guys are out of position, but just for the sake of speculating:

FRANZEN-SHEAHAN-NYQUIST
TATAR-JURCO-ALFREDSSON
LEGWAND-HELM-BERTUZZI
MILLER-ANDERSSON-GLENDENING

KRONWALL-DEKEYSER
SMITH-QUINCEY
KINDL-LASHOFF

That defense though... :cry:

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Helm on the 1st line and Legwand on the 3rd line will be interesting.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
I disagree. Other than the past two games that paring has done very well. And Smith has been playing his best hockey when he's been paired with Kronwall, and that goes back to Smiths first 14 games in the NHL. Kronwall has been a little off the past few games and I think that is what is hurting the pairing the most right now.

I agree. People love to rag on Smith but all our defenseman have struggled at times this year. Dekeyser, Kronwall, Ericsson, Quincey, Kindl, Lashoff have all had turnovers, made poor decisions with the puck, and missed assignments. Smith's still adjusting to the mental side of the game, he's not as quick a learner as we all hoped but progress is being made. The talent to be a very good player is there. He's still relatively young and inexperienced and defensemen more often than not take longer to acclimate to the NHL than forwards do.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I agree. People love to rag on Smith but all our defenseman have struggled at times this year. Dekeyser, Kronwall, Ericsson, Quincey, Kindl, Lashoff have all had turnovers, made poor decisions with the puck, and missed assignments. Smith's still adjusting to the mental side of the game, he's not as quick a learner as we all hoped but progress is being made. The talent to be a very good player is there. He's still relatively young and inexperienced and defensemen more often than not take longer to acclimate to the NHL than forwards do.

agreed.

they all play little to high on the depth chart. that's why they struggle. and now with all the injuries, the F depth isn't good enough to protect them. like last year.

and howard having worse year too.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Hey guys, have fun winning tomorrow.

What is the latest on Babcock? Is he leaving or something? Why am I hearing about him leaving?

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Hey guys, have fun winning tomorrow.

What is the latest on Babcock? Is he leaving or something? Why am I hearing about him leaving?

There have been rumours, nothing really legit as far as I'm concerned. I seriously doubt he's leaving. With all the quirks and stubbornness we rag on him for around here, he's still a damn good coach. Pretty impressive that the Wings are still in the race after the amount of long term injuries to key players this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad