Pre-Game Talk: Wings @ Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electric Thunder

Jul 19, 2011
Oklahoma
Looks like Babs isn't too happy with Legwand or Alfie.

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 22m
Wings lines at practice: Franzen-Helm-Nyquist, Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco, Andersson-Legwand-Alfredsson, Miller-Glendening-Bertuzzi.

Defense pairs the same: Kronwall-Smith, DeKeyser-Quincey, Lashoff-Kindl.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I get not being happy with Legwand. Not sure Helm is exactly an answer on the topline. If we're putting Helm up there, I'd consider swapping him to wing and putting Franzen at center.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Looks like Babs isn't too happy with Legwand or Alfie.

Wings lines at practice: Franzen-Helm-Nyquist, Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco, Andersson-Legwand-Alfredsson, Miller-Glendening-Bertuzzi.

Defense pairs the same: Kronwall-Smith, DeKeyser-Quincey, Lashoff-Kindl.

Good, I wouldn't be either. We need more out of both of them, big time. As far as I'm concerned that Legwand trade was all about streak preservation(which was incredibly short sighted), so if he can't help the team qualify for the playoffs, then he's not doing his job.

I get not being happy with Legwand. Not sure Helm is exactly an answer on the topline. If we're putting Helm up there, I'd consider swapping him to wing and putting Franzen at center.

I also agree with this.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Helm looked good when he jumped up there last game, Nyquist finally had someone who could skate with him and Franzen had to skate to keep up.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
I usually have nothing but good things to say, even in a loss there is some positive, but my god was Bertuzzi slow/inaffective yesterday! He always did the same thing, chipping the puck deep and slowly forechecking.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
The funny thing about that is that Bertuzzi was more effective yesterday than he was Tuesday in Columbus. Prior to the flu, Bertuzzi scratched 3-5 games along where he was pretty effective alongside Glendening and Miller. The last two, however, he's been a weak spot.

Watch Datsyuk come back next week and Babcock puts Bertuzzi on his wing. I'll lose it.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
I guess this team really isnt that interested in winning because if they were Bert would not see the ice again. Call up Callahan and tell Bert to just head back home, he does nothing but hurt the team. Apparently they will never understand this. How sad.

NyquistIsMyGod*

I think Smith really hurts Kronwall. Kronwall isn't able to pinch and he's stuck covering for Smith's mistakes more times than not. What would you guys think of switching Smith and Quincey spots? Quincey's more defensive minded so Kronny can jump up. DeKeyser's skater+ his primary game is defense so he could mesh in well with Smith. Well at least help him.

Lines are fine with me. Legwand and Alfredsson are in the dog house of sorts.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I think Smith really hurts Kronwall. Kronwall isn't able to pinch and he's stuck covering for Smith's mistakes more times than not. What would you guys think of switching Smith and Quincey spots? Quincey's more defensive minded so Kronny can jump up. DeKeyser's skater+ his primary game is defense so he could mesh in well with Smith. Well at least help him.

Other than last game, they have done well together every time they have played together.

Works well because they can take turns rushing up ice, and can both jump in the play. Makes us a bigger threat in transition, and both guys have good recovery speed to get back too.

Kronwall was brutal last game, and it had little to do with Smith. He just looked out of it.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Beating the Leafs tomorrow is basically essential, otherwise we're out of the playoffs for sure.

Amrcn Ftbll

Quincey 4 prez 2k16
Jan 22, 2014
ypsi
Kronwall has been off his game for a while and smith is incredibly inconsistent. Putting the two together just doesn't ever seem like a good idea.

MTU hockey

Mar 4, 2013
Colorado

I disagree. Other than the past two games that paring has done very well. And Smith has been playing his best hockey when he's been paired with Kronwall, and that goes back to Smiths first 14 games in the NHL. Kronwall has been a little off the past few games and I think that is what is hurting the pairing the most right now.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I really don't think Legwand has been bad at all, but it's hard to argue against a -8 in 12 games... And that's including the 7 points he has contributed. I question putting Helm in that spot considering Franzen and Helm must be the hockey equivalent to water and oil. Looks like Nyquist will have to be the bread winner on that line again.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I really don't think Legwand has been bad at all, but it's hard to argue against a -8 in 12 games... And that's including the 7 points he has contributed. I question putting Helm in that spot considering Franzen and Helm must be the hockey equivalent to water and oil. Looks like Nyquist will have to be the bread winner on that line again.

Hevwill beat Bertuzzi for the team's worst +/- very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad