GDT: Wings @ Leafs 7 :00 Start on TSN4 | Hall of Fame Game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Per usual, will update with tweets and things as the day goes on. nothing too fancy.

TSN4 is the carrier.

Reimer will start.

I think? this is the HoF game?

[thanks for Budsfan - per usual :) ]

Maple Leafs-Detroit Red Wings: Game preview

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2015/11/05/maple-leafs-detroit-red-wings-game-preview.html

AIR CANADA CENTRE

Puck Drop: 7 p.m.

TV: TSN 4

Radio: Sportsnet 590 The Fan

Key matchup:Nazem Kadri vs. Henrik Zetterberg.

Kadri should at least start the game against Zetterberg, continuing to hone his game more towards two-way play. Zetterberg has been the Wings’ top point-getter with 14 points in 12 games and is having an outstanding start to the season. This will be a great matchup.

Elite club: Zetterberg is one goal away from 300 in his career. When he gets his next goal, he will join nine other active players who have 300 goals, 500 assists and 800 points over their careers.

Youth movement: Rookie Dylan Larkin is the first teenager to crack the Wings’ lineup in more than 12 seasons. He had a key goal in the club’s 2-1 win over Tampa on Wednesday and leads the team with a plus-10.

Sharing: Detroit has been splitting goaltending duties. Petr Mrazek has five starts and is 2-3-0 with a .917 save percentage, while Jimmy Howard has five starts and is 2-2-1 and .925.

Up next: Saturday, Leafs at Washington, 7 p.m., CBC

Last edited:

Shanty

July hockey is where bridges are burned
Jan 9, 2010
Toronto
One more game. Does anyone still get excited?

I just prepare to watch Rielly when he's on the ice at this point.

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
One more game. Does anyone still get excited?

I just prepare to watch Rielly when he's on the ice at this point.

I do. I still excited for the games.

The last game was a definitely a downer at the end, but it had lots of drama - for me at least.

We could have been 2 wins a row very easily - but, ah, well.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
BaqCH3c.png

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Maple Leafs-Detroit Red Wings: Game preview

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2015/11/05/maple-leafs-detroit-red-wings-game-preview.html

AIR CANADA CENTRE

Puck Drop: 7 p.m.

TV: TSN 4

Radio: Sportsnet 590 The Fan

Key matchup:Nazem Kadri vs. Henrik Zetterberg.

Kadri should at least start the game against Zetterberg, continuing to hone his game more towards two-way play. Zetterberg has been the Wings’ top point-getter with 14 points in 12 games and is having an outstanding start to the season. This will be a great matchup.

Elite club: Zetterberg is one goal away from 300 in his career. When he gets his next goal, he will join nine other active players who have 300 goals, 500 assists and 800 points over their careers.

Youth movement: Rookie Dylan Larkin is the first teenager to crack the Wings’ lineup in more than 12 seasons. He had a key goal in the club’s 2-1 win over Tampa on Wednesday and leads the team with a plus-10.

Sharing: Detroit has been splitting goaltending duties. Petr Mrazek has five starts and is 2-3-0 with a .917 save percentage, while Jimmy Howard has five starts and is 2-2-1 and .925.

Up next: Saturday, Leafs at Washington, 7 p.m., CBC

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I do. I still excited for the games.

The last game was a definitely a downer at the end, but it had lots of drama - for me at least.

We could have been 2 wins a row very easily - but, ah, well.

i agree. again. i'm not gonna judge ppl like what ppl like.

iiiii am enjoying the games. that's all.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
With the way the lottery is now I'll be happy with a top 5 pick. Wish it was the old way just this one year lol

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
ok hockey guys... it's time to hockey tonight! we better do some good hockying and out hockey the other team's hockeying!

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Babcock doesn't play goaltenders in back to backs, or at least I'm pretty sure he rarely ever has.

So I would expect Bibeau to get the start tomorrow.

If Reimer plays really well, he'll be in net tomorrow as well. Bernier played good against PIT?? and then played again the next day.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
If Reimer plays really well, he'll be in net tomorrow as well. Bernier played good against PIT?? and then played again the next day.

Bernier did play a back to back not long ago, you're right there.

We'll see how Reimer performs I guess.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Babcock doesn't play goaltenders in back to backs, or at least I'm pretty sure he rarely ever has.

Would that be his 1st NHL start?

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

He wouldn't start him. Not many coaches would start a rookie like that unless the other goalie blew some serious chunks the previous night. Especially against a very hot Washington team and Leafs are on a back to back. Does Babcock want to get blown the hell out? I think Washnigton would eat Bibeau for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Plus, I don't think Babs would do that to a 21 year old kid.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
anyone know anything about line-ups?

is Corrado in?

Leafs are hitting the ice now for practice. Unless it's an optional skate, we will soon find out.

We know that Reimer is starting all ready.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
I'm more excited to watch the games this year than I was all of last year. Even when they were winning it was obvious they were going to fall off a cliff and miss the playoffs, at least this year you can just appreciate the games for what they are.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
He wouldn't start him. Not many coaches would start a rookie like that unless the other goalie blew some serious chunks the previous night. Especially against a very hot Washington team and Leafs are on a back to back. Does Babcock want to get blown the hell out? I think Washnigton would eat Bibeau for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Plus, I don't think Babs would do that to a 21 year old kid.

He has to start somewhere. This isn't kindergarten.

I don't disagree that it would be a very tough start for Bibeau. but you're underestimating him quite a bit. Why assume he'll get blown out of the water? He's a good young goaltender with a lot of growth to go but he's very capable and I'm sure he could do just fine even against Ovechkin and the Caps.

I'd love for Bibeau to get the start tomorrow. A great test and I'm sure he'd accept the challenge. But I wouldn't be surprised if Reimer goes back to back like you said.

We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad