Post-Game Talk: Wings @ Leafs 11/6/15

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
This is the same unprofessional **** we have seen since the 10-11 season. The team can't be counted on to start on time and doesn't show much interest in regular season hockey. When they do start on time, they can't play three full periods. Players float for large stretches of games and don't actually want to work (support the puck, move to space, etc.). When they win they tend to do the absolute minimum that they need to do so. They can't just out talent teams like they once could and it shows.

sean3250

Feb 7, 2015
What? Walking the line is his best asset on the PP. He's pretty good at getting shots through too.

I agree that Kindl is good at getting his shot through, and overall his shot is his best asset, IMO. Kindl may walk the line occasionally but there have been too many times the puck has bounced over his stick, or he's lost the puck and allowed a breakaway. He's 3rd best on the team in walking the line after Kronwall, and Green but that's not really saying much IMO.

Actual Thought*

Griffins had 46 shots on goal last night compared to 22 for the Icehogs. Griffins lost 4-1.

If DRWs could play that way only to lose 4-1, that would be Wings fan's wet dream come true! Detroit stat/corsi fans could take solace knowing they outshot their opponent despite getting dominated on the scoreboard.

It seems you want to willfully ignore why they are getting out shot. Why they suck at possession. Why they get out played every single game including those against weak teams. It is because they are poorly organized and that absolutely falls 100% on coaching. There is no excuse for it. This is the NHL. Maybe someday Blashill will learn to do his job but right now he is an abysmal failure. His team lacks everything needed to compete in a pro league. No amount of talent will overcome poor team play.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
It seems you want to willfully ignore why they are getting out shot. Why they suck at possession. Why they get out played every single game including those against weak teams. It is because they are poorly organized and that absolutely falls 100% on coaching. There is no excuse for it. This is the NHL. Maybe someday Blashill will learn to do his job but right now he is an abysmal failure. His team lacks everything needed to compete in a pro league. No amount of talent will overcome poor team play.

His team lacks everything needed to compete in a pro league... and yet they're 6-5-1 with several of the losses being one goal losses.

I don't think you know what competing is...

Plus, several other teams, a couple with veteran coaches who should know how to run a system by now, are getting outshot to high hell also. Hell, Columbus went a whole period without a shot and had 8 shots through two. Is John Tortorella a garbage coach who doesn't know how to hockey? Anaheim is getting their teeth kicked in nightly, did Bruce Boudreau just all of a sudden turn into a pile of crap?

They suck at possession because guys struggled at the start of the year physically and were/are pressing to make something out of nothing too many times. I mean, ****, Kronwall couldn't hold a puck in at the line on a bouncer right at him. That's not a failing of the system, that is a failing of the player in the form of a physical mistake.

In the games I was watching... Guys weren't making simple plays. If you want to blame a coach for an NHL level player not being able to walk the line or giving the puck away because it continues to hop over his stick, have at it.

His failing is not finding a way to make the guys get their heads out of their collective *****. They've been making stupid mistakes that no NHL player should.

Actual Thought*

Saying a "garbage" roster can be a top possession team and keep losing games doesn't bolster your point. It actually weakens it.

No it doesn't. You can't score if you don't have the puck. You typically don't get scored on when you have the puck. Toronto's biggest problem is goaltending and scoring. They play as a unit much better than the Wings as we saw last night and they established a system much quicker than the Wings. It should be alarming to Wings fans how badly this team gets dominated by lesser talented teams.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl

Yet a healthy Tampa Bay team is 7-6-2 with two more games played than an injure riddled Detroit team who are 7-5-1 with a new coach/system.

What's Tampa's excuse? Yzerman is an inferior GM and their coach shouldn't have quit his day job and should go back to being a paralegal?

Actual Thought*

His team lacks everything needed to compete in a pro league... and yet they're 6-5-1 with several of the losses being one goal losses.

I don't think you know what competing is...

Plus, several other teams, a couple with veteran coaches who should know how to run a system by now, are getting outshot to high hell also. Hell, Columbus went a whole period without a shot and had 8 shots through two. Is John Tortorella a garbage coach who doesn't know how to hockey? Anaheim is getting their teeth kicked in nightly, did Bruce Boudreau just all of a sudden turn into a pile of crap?

They suck at possession because guys struggled at the start of the year physically and were/are pressing to make something out of nothing too many times. I mean, ****, Kronwall couldn't hold a puck in at the line on a bouncer right at him. That's not a failing of the system, that is a failing of the player in the form of a physical mistake.

In the games I was watching... Guys weren't making simple plays. If you want to blame a coach for an NHL level player not being able to walk the line or giving the puck away because it continues to hop over his stick, have at it.

His failing is not finding a way to make the guys get their heads out of their collective *****. They've been making stupid mistakes that no NHL player should.

The fact that the Wings can win some games despite lackluster play and poor systemic structure is more of an indictment of Blashill than anything else. It means that they have more talent than most and yet he hasn't been able to get them playing well as a team. Columbus or Anaheim struggling doesn't have anything to do with the Wings. Frankly I haven't watched their games so I don't know their issues. I do know that the Wings have no structure, no discipline, and no team cohesion and their coach talks about thinks like momentum and chemistry which are things he has no control over. That is a really bad sign. I know he continues to talk about the process but apparently it is not evolving because he is too green to coach in the big leagues. His stupid motivational slogans got him by with kids in lesser leagues but not so much in the NHL. Every 5 games he changes all the lines and they still play poorly. He doesn't play match ups because he doesn't adjust on the fly and he is still searching for the illusive "chemistry". He is treading water and being carried by Z, Larkin, Howard, and Mrazek. The whole team has regressed.

Actual Thought*

Yet a healthy Tampa Bay team is 7-6-2 with two more games played than an injure riddled Detroit team who are 7-5-1 with a new coach/system.

What's Tampa's excuse? Yzerman is an inferior GM and their coach shouldn't have quit his day job and should go back to being a paralegal?

I don't know. Maybe. I don't keep up with Tampa but I really don't see the relevance. The Wings can't play well because Tampa can't play well? Pretty convoluted logic there.

Actual Thought*

And yet the "best coach in this era" couldn't even get this team past the 1st round with healthy star players.

Would have been nice to see what he would have done with this team.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Would have been nice to see what he would have done with this team.

I get it now, you're just mad Babcock left for his payday. Babcock is gone and has started a new life. He's not coming back. Time to move on.

EDIT:

I just noticed the subtitle under your username. It's clear to me now what your complete motivation is.

Actual Thought*

I get it now, you're just mad Babcock left for his payday. Babcock is gone and has started a new life. He's not coming back. Time to move on.

No I am mad because they hired Blashill as a replacement and he is going to squander the last years of Hank and Pav.

Actual Thought*

You must get so angry when the Wings win. :laugh:
That's absurd. I would be ecstatic to see them play well. I have no problem with being proven wrong and admitting it when it happens. With respect to Blashill it hasn't happened yet.

Actual Thought*

And maximized their potential to a first round loss?

Certainly you can make a better argument than that? It's cheap, easy, thoughtless and tired. It totally ignores context and it is insulting to guys like Larkin, Green, ect... Is Larkin a difference maker? I think so. Stop with the nonsense.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Certainly you can make a better argument than that? It's cheap, easy, thoughtless and tired. It totally ignores context and it is insulting to guys like Larkin, Green, ect... Is Larkin a difference maker? I think so. Stop with the nonsense.

Is this the first year changes have been made to improve the roster?

If we improved to a second round loss would that have been something for Babcock to hang his hat on?

Remember, the Wings have made it to the second round once in the last four years. Not going to get on Babcock for it, but you also can't act like Babcock is the amazing grace that had this team as a contender before Blashill ruined it all.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Well those lousy leafs just beat, or almost beat the capitals, capitals scored the tying goal with onecsecond left. And the leafs were tired from playing last night.

Babcock had the same situation back in 09 or 10 or 11. I do not remember. Babcock had a much better team, yet Howard won us the games we had no business winning. Howard was our MVP. I think the team was outplayed so badly it was unbelievable.

Bashill is winning games, that is all that matters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad