GDT: Wings @ Jets | 8PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
"The Jets hit the ice for morning skate today at the MTS Centre and via Scott Billeck of the Winnipeg Free Press no changes to the lineup as it appears Mark Scheifele will miss his third straight game."

Laine-Little-Ehlers
Perreault-Wheeler-Stafford
Copp-Lowry-Dano
Tanev-Burmistrov-Thorburn

Morrissey-Byfuglien
Enstrom-Trouba
Chiarot-Postma

Hellebuyck
Hutchinson

"Coach Blashill expects tonight's lineup to be similar to Sunday's in Brooklyn."#RedWings #DETvsWPG

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Well, it's at Winnepeg so we know Laine is good for at least 1 goal.

So this kid is gonna win the Rocket Richard at 18? Nah he'll come,down to earth sooner. No goals for him tonight.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Larkin must've shown Blash he can elevate Miller and Ott's game.

So this kid is gonna win the Rocket Richard at 18? Nah he'll come,down to earth sooner. No goals for him tonight.

He has 13 goals in 12 games at the MTS Centre. I was just sayin'

Last edited:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Jets fan - in peace. :)

Just want to point out that Laine's season progress involves a lot of dynamics. He has been getting better game by game in his all around play. Until recently he was getting relatively little PP time. He is now a fixture on the 1st unit and he is being put out with 4 lefties to feed his one-timer.

At the same time the rest of the league is adjusting to him. It is going to get harder for him to score.

Will he win the rocket? Not likely. Crosby is already ahead of him in 8 fewer games. Pastrnak is only 1 behind in 7 fewer games. Will he score 40? Pretty good chance or very close I'd say, assuming he stays healthy.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Jets fan - in peace. :)

Just want to point out that Laine's season progress involves a lot of dynamics. He has been getting better game by game in his all around play. Until recently he was getting relatively little PP time. He is now a fixture on the 1st unit and he is being put out with 4 lefties to feed his one-timer.

At the same time the rest of the league is adjusting to him. It is going to get harder for him to score.

Will he win the rocket? Not likely. Crosby is already ahead of him in 8 fewer games. Pastrnak is only 1 behind in 7 fewer games. Will he score 40? Pretty good chance or very close I'd say, assuming he stays healthy.

I think he's a great player. Not since the days of Selanne has there been such a buzz for a Finnish player. Wish we had him.

Nauzhror

Apr 4, 2014
Laine can probably get 40 goals this season. He might get a Rocket some day, but I'd agree not this year, Crosby is on pace for 64 goals, but I don't think he can actually swing that. He's never had more than 51.

I know Crosby missed 6 games, I didn't do: 17/20*82, I did 17/26*82 to determine pace, since he doesn't get 6 extra games to make up for lost time, otherwise he'd be on pace for 70 goals.

One Blurred Eye

Prefer the future.
Sep 27, 2014
Only 45% chance Detroit wins, with the Peg winning 3-2 being the most occurring result (~7%), but the mean goal differential was a mere .177 in favor of the Jets, so a good chance of overtime. In games favoring Detroit, the differential-derived result was 5-2 (only 4-2 in games favoring Winnipeg).

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Only 45% chance Detroit wins, with the Peg winning 3-2 being the most occurring result (~7%), but the mean goal differential was a mere .177 in favor of the Jets, so a good chance of overtime. In games favoring Detroit, the differential-derived result was 5-2 (only 4-2 in games favoring Winnipeg).

Need to be real gud and heavy on the puck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad