Wings have more Swedes than Canadians on the roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=60

As the Roster stands now, Detroit got more Swedes than Canadians (9 vs 8) on their roster :O. Has there anytime before in the history of the NHL been more players of a certain nationality than Canadians?

Don't think it could change much more, Helm (canadian) would probably be on the team, but I don't think any of the swedes wouldn't, so it could be a potential tie between the 2 countries, but as it stands now, sweden is ahead. That's ****ed up.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=60

As the Roster stands now, Detroit got more Swedes than Canadians (9 vs 8) on their roster :O. Has there anytime before in the history of the NHL been more players of a certain nationality than Canadians?

Don't think it could change much more, Helm (canadian) would probably be on the team, but I don't think any of the swedes wouldn't, so it could be a potential tie between the 2 countries, but as it stands now, sweden is ahead. That's ****ed up.

What's so wrong with it?

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
What's so wrong with it?

I'm pretty sure Detroit Red Wings, as it stands now, is the first time in history where Canadians aren't the biggest part of an NHL-team...

Anyone prove me wrong ;)

So basically, something historic has just happend.. and that's ****ed up, didn't think this day would come.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Again, why? What is so wrong with it?

Compare the difference in size/population between the countries, the number of licensed hockey players, the number of canadians in the NHL compared to Swedes.

Take all this into consideration, having more swedes than canadians shouldn't be possible, but obviously it has happend now.

Dec 27, 2002
Dat mitten
Its not f...d up but its unusual, simmilar to having a NBA team with more Italian/Crotian born players on it then American

The ratio of Swedes to Canadians in the NHL isn't anywhere similar to the ratio of Italian/Croatians to Americans in the NBA. Having an NBA team with more Italians and Croatians than Americans would be a much bigger deal, the NHL is a lot more international than the NBA.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I'm not sure why this matters as long as the team keeps winning. Have a team with more Namibians than Canadians for all I care, as long as the team wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad