Pre-Game Talk: Wings @ Habs - Tuesday Mar 12 7:30 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Not all, but at least 8 or 9 of their last 13. Better start tomorrow nite.
True, the Habs won't go on a 10 consecutive wins streak, but the next 9 games are winnable games, they really do need to get the most out of these. We'll see if they want it enough.

Only 1 remaining back to back, but of course, we play the Hurricanes on the 2nd night, at their rink.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
When you forfeit a game and put in your goalie who you deemed too weak to play against Detroit and the Rangers, and put all the pressure on beating a weaker team. That's not a guaranteed win but a trap game.

You've set up a losers mentality for the first game. Then you've set the wrong expectations of an easy victory for game two and then you also kind of put the pride factor back in for the Ducks.

Bad job by Julien.
I understand the rationale on this one though. Price has always played the harder team and the backup gets the easier clubs. In this instance though Price is recovering from the flu on a back to back against a team we haven't had success against.

What I don't get is the benching of KK. That remains a mystery to me.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Season is pretty much over, I prefer we just draft Seider or Suzuki and move to next season with our new prospects
It is?? Wow. I didn’t know the nhl went to a 69 game schedule. Thx for the update
Always thought they played 82 like the NBA
Guess I was wrong

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
This needs to be an all-in, must win game. We have left no room for error. Should make good hockey :popcorn:

Here's what I want to see:

Drouin-Domi-Shaw
Byron-Danault-Gallagher
Tatar-Kotkaniemi-Armia
Lehkonen-Weal-Weise

Mete-Weber
Kulak-Petry
Reilly-Folin

I think Benn finally should be the odd man out, and I think Kulak's steady mobility is a good match for Petry, who can be aggressive. Thompson has been bad lately, and I want to see Weal compete with him as Domi/Danault/Kotka is the locked in 1-2-3Cs

I put Byron on Danault's line to maximize the Defensive lifting ability, and put Tatar with KK so that we have 2 lines that have strong skill duos.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So was last game though..

Everyone is just moving the goal posts just to be able to create future drama.

They needed to win in Anaheim, point final. They got shellacked by a lowly team. It says something about where they're at.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
I'll be honest at this point I just hope for good games. I'm cool with a better pick and obviously cool with a playoff run, no matter how short.

The off season is a long, long affair.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
2vtckx.jpg

Reactions: Runner77

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
This needs to be an all-in, must win game. We have left no room for error. Should make good hockey :popcorn:

Here's what I want to see:

Drouin-Domi-Shaw
Byron-Danault-Gallagher
Tatar-Kotkaniemi-Armia
Lehkonen-Weal-Weise

Mete-Weber
Kulak-Petry
Reilly-Folin

I think Benn finally should be the odd man out, and I think Kulak's steady mobility is a good match for Petry, who can be aggressive. Thompson has been bad lately, and I want to see Weal compete with him as Domi/Danault/Kotka is the locked in 1-2-3Cs

I put Byron on Danault's line to maximize the Defensive lifting ability, and put Tatar with KK so that we have 2 lines that have strong skill duos.

This lineup makes a lot of sense to me. Gallagher with Byron/Danault could do some damage against some of their inexperienced players, particularly in last change scenarios.

I feel like we've been playing to our opponent's level of late, fully expect that trend to continue here..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad