Pre-Game Talk: Wings @ Good Guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Pardy Clitsome Peluso Thorburn Halischuk Slater Galiardi + Pavelec.

Only players on the ice right now. Maurice not here either.

Edit: Seems it's just an optional skate.

Last edited:

PaperRockChamp

Oct 19, 2009
Wpg
In previous years, I used to look forward to watching us play the likes of Buffalo, Florida, Toronto, Carolina, etc, just because of the high chance to celebrate a win. This year, I'm more pumped to play the big-boys such as Pit/LA/CHI/etc..

For me, it really speaks to that little step forward we've taken, so far. Detroit is good but I think we're going to be ready for this game and it will be nearly as exciting as the Pittsburgh battle.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
Chuck Pleiness ‏@wingsfrontman 3m3 minutes ago
Petr Mrazek will get his first start of the season Thursday in Winnipeg. #RedWings

Historically good numbers in the NHL, albeit with a small sample size, but Mzarek has a less than impressive .876 save percentage in 6 starts with Grand Rapids this year. If he lets in 1 goal in every 8 shots he faces we should be good for 3 or 4 goals. Could be another opportunity to make some vCash on the Jets!

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Historically good numbers in the NHL, albeit with a small sample size, but Mzarek has a less than impressive .876 save percentage in 6 starts with Grand Rapids this year. If he lets in 1 goal in every 8 shots we should be good for 3 or 4 goals. Could be another opportunity to make some vCash on the Jets!

Yeah, his numbers in the NHL aren't bad at all (other than the #winz factor, but he didn't get much goal support in the losses).

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
October-1-2014-Coach-Maurice-300x173.jpg

Coach Maurice - Big picture at the quarter point – how does he assess where his team is? Has the group exceeded what he thought they would be able to do? He called the start last night ‘decent’, what does he look to improve? On the team’s lackluster power play. On the high number of penalties the team has taken. What role does Blake Wheeler play in bringing the team together? On the challenge they will face with the Red Wings. What has to change with the mindset (back to the powerplay). On the team shooting percentage. On last night’s goal. On Kane’s goal line slapper. Same lines tomorrow?

To listen click here.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Unless Pav gets injured, or craps the bed against the wings, I would guess hutch's next start is either in Columbus or Buffalo.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Jets are due to lay a real beating on a team and I think the Red Wings of hockey town USA are the perfect victim, 9-0 would be just great!

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Jets are due to lay a real beating on a team and I think the Red Wings of hockey town USA Laffs are the perfect victim to be re-victimized harshly, 10-0 would be just great!

There, I like the looks of that one better. Nothing wrong with yours Sip, but it is hard to not want to kick the Laffs when they are down and hurting. I know we don't play them until Jan...They just release that pheromone that makes me to see them suffer...more...right now.
It might be all fans that show up in Laff gear suddenly at the arena, or maybe the Laff centric coverage from TSN.

We can have the redwings blowout as well Sip...9-0 I am ok with that. ;)

I just smelled blood in the water with the Laff blowout and crave more...Schadenfreude.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
The Jets handled the Wings fairly easily last season IIRC, and that was prior to Winnipeg figuring out how to deploy their defensive game. They'll grind these Detroit chumps into submission tomorrow night. *hopefully*

alchemyindex

vereor nox
Jan 20, 2013
Winnipeg
I remember the first game that the Jets 2.0 played against the Wings, I believe it was a 7-0 thrashing in Hockeytown... now it's time to repay them in full in Slurpeetown!

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Wings are a frail bunch, bend them and they will break, all the Jets have to do is hit and play tough like they did vs the Pens. They can't afford anymore injuries and they will all being doing their best A.Semin impressions if you line them up for possible hits. Easy 2 points.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
The offense needs to come alive sometime, and I think it will be tomorrow.

I like the 7-0 prediction. Pavs SO and Wheeler with the hatty? :D

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
There, I like the looks of that one better. Nothing wrong with yours Sip, but it is hard to not want to kick the Laffs when they are down and hurting. I know we don't play them until Jan...They just release that pheromone that makes me to see them suffer...more...right now.
It might be all fans that show up in Laff gear suddenly at the arena, or maybe the Laff centric coverage from TSN.

We can have the redwings blowout as well Sip...9-0 I am ok with that. ;)

I just smelled blood in the water with the Laff blowout and crave more...Schadenfreude.

Nothing would make me happier than a beat-down of the TO Laff's, the Arizona Desert Dawgs and the Motown Red Wings, three teams I despise! But first lets lay a beating on these Red Wings from the bankrupt city of Detroit who need a beat-down and not a hand-up or hand-out!

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
A black hole strikes the MTS centre, resulting in an infinite hockey game breaking out.

Since the game is infinite, Goals will be infinite, resulting in a final score of

RED WINGS: ∞
JETS: ∞

jamiebez

Apr 5, 2005
Ottawa
A black hole strikes the MTS centre, resulting in an infinite hockey game breaking out.

Since the game is infinite, Goals will be infinite, resulting in a final score of

RED WINGS: ∞
JETS: ∞

And somehow Stuart will still have a -8 Corsi on the night! :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad