Post-Game Talk: Wings get Babcock'd, shutout at home by the worst team in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
there's about a dozen teams that have been clearly worse than the Wings this year and a few more that have been about as good with another dozen or so being clearly better,sounds like pretty much the definition of mediocre to me

some people overestimate what "mediocre" is
What dozen teams have been clearly worse? There's probably 6-8 teams clearly worse. We're like one step above the truly bad of the bad right now. We're on a tier with the likes of the hurricanes and flyers of the world. Difference most of the teams on our tier have better young talent and are trending up. This is a team full of a whole lot of suck that is continuing to trend down. If that isn't obvious by this point I don't know what to tell you.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
What dozen teams have been clearly worse? There's probably 6-8 teams clearly worse. We're like one step above the truly bad of the bad right now. We're on a tier with the likes of the hurricanes and flyers of the world. Difference most of the teams on our tier have better young talent and are trending up. This is a team full of a whole lot of suck that is continuing to trend down. If that isn't obvious by this point I don't know what to tell you.

Yep, I would happily trade defenses with both Carolina and Philadelphia. They both have the makings of a very good defense for the next decade. We've got DeKeyser and a whole lotta nothin'.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Blashill looks lost. But anybody would look lost after Babcock. Many of us took the dude for granted.

Never took the guy for granted, on the contrary have a huge respect for him. However in the end Babcock was bad for this team because he took this stinking pile to the playoffs the last 4-5 years when it had no business being there. The focus was on keeping the streak alive and putting a guaranteed loser in the playoffs when the focus should have been rebuilding. The window for rebuilding was squandered on keeping a streak alive. Instead of watching a new crop of young players develop we watched a team of complete mediocrity first round exit their way through inevitable decline. Oh well at least maybe the rebuild can start now. :naughty:

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Never took the guy for granted, on the contrary have a huge respect for him. However in the end Babcock was bad for this team because he took this stinking pile to the playoffs the last 4-5 years when it had no business being there. The focus was on keeping the streak alive and putting a guaranteed loser in the playoffs when the focus should have been rebuilding. The window for rebuilding was squandered on keeping a streak alive. Instead of watching a new crop of young players develop we watched a team of complete mediocrity first round exit their way through inevitable decline. Oh well at least maybe the rebuild can start now. :naughty:
3 of the last 6 playoffs exits were not in the first round, also 3 of the them went to 7 games to decide. 2 of the 7 game series were against the Stanley Cup representative for their respective conference.

You're super negative all the time, but there's no way in Hell those teams had "no business being there" - I'll give you the Boston series. That's it.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
3 of the last 6 playoffs exits were not in the first round, also 3 of the them went to 7 games to decide. 2 of the 7 game series were against the Stanley Cup representative for their respective conference.

You're super negative all the time, but there's no way in Hell those teams had "no business being there" - I'll give you the Boston series. That's it.

I wasn't always negative, patching holes on a sinking ship season after season has just been painful to watch. I'll be back on board when the legit rebuild begins. Hopefully the playoff streak ends so that is no longer in the way.

102156088-crop-600x338.jpg

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Personally, I don't think the playoff streak ending has any impact on the Red Wings philosophy toward next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad