GDT: Wings @ flames 9:00 pm et 1/18/19

lgrwmike

Dec 28, 2007
Deerfield Beach, FL
Likely Lineups

Nyquist-Larkin-Bertuzzi
Vanek-Nielsen-Mantha
Helm-Glendening-Athanasiou
Abdelkader-Ehn-Frk (de la Rose and Rasmussen not skating)

Kronwall-Green
DeKeyser-Jensen
Ericsson-Cholowski
Hronek and Witkowski are skating as extras

Howard
Bernier

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I know Hronek still has a lot to learn, but it's tough watching that many warm bodies play un-entertaining hockey if he sits out.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Why aren't they sending Hronek down to GR? Isn't their priority for him to play? They can't keeping him up much longer just to sit him. Something should be happening soon.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Why aren't they sending Hronek down to GR? Isn't their priority for him to play? They can't keeping him up much longer just to sit him. Something should be happening soon.

nothing to see here just another Defenseman getting his development mismanaged until eventually he's just a longterm 3rd pairing guy at best

you'd think people would be more used to it by now

Reactions: NervousPerson

Pensaholic

Jun 8, 2004
Montreal
The one game I scouted him on (I know that's a rather small sample size) he looked better than Cholowski to me. Dont think GR is what he needs, the guy is obviously NHL ready. I think Detroit being patient until Kronwall is traded and then gonna give him the full time gig.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
The one game I scouted him on (I know that's a rather small sample size) he looked better than Cholowski to me. Dont think GR is what he needs, the guy is obviously NHL ready. I think Detroit being patient until Kronwall is traded and then gonna give him the full time gig.

I tend to see them as almost equal at this point, with Cholo holding a small advantage over Hronek. I do think you're right in saying they're holding him up until a trade, but I think Jensen is a more likely trade than Kronwall.

Both of them still have a lot of growing left, however.

Last edited:

lgrwmike

Dec 28, 2007
Deerfield Beach, FL
DxOUi3PVsAAem1t.jpg

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015

Probably just insurance while they're on a roadtrip to Western Canada. If somebody can't go, or Blashill feels like rolling 11F and 7D, they can throw in Hronek instead of Witkowski. They're also, in a way, rewarding his play with 11 times bigger paychecks while he's in the NHL.

He's most likely going down once Rasmussen comes off IR, or when they hit their bye week coming up.

Or the truth: tHeY'rE rUiNiNg HiS dEvElOpMeNt On PuRpOsE!1!

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
They should send Hronek back down. He needs to play.

I agree and disagree. I honestly think he is better than most of our D, and should already be an NHL regular BUT if they aren't going to play him, then yea, let him play in the A. I absolutely hate it when NHL teams keep young players on the roster but sit them. It makes no sense whatsoever. Play him...if not, let him go dominate the A some more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad