Post-Game Talk: Wings do everything they can to keep Howard's losing streak alive

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
No one can score on this team :help: we need a change!

Perversely it might be the best thing that happens. Get a top 15 draft pick and the odds of fixing the defense improve substantially. There ain't a surefire guy among all our current propspects and only DeKeyser looks capable of playing top pairing minutes once we're eventually good again. :popcorn:

You need a top 10 pick maybe.

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
Like us, their forwards are nothing to write home about.

You really think Carolina's forwards are comparable to the Wings? I couldn't disagree more, in fact there is only one team in the East that is definitely worse than the Hurricanes in the forward department.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Wow....

You gotta feel bad for Howard. He finally plays well, stands on his head, and they can't even score 1 goal for him. So many underachievers on this team right now. Tatar and Nyquist are huge disappointments. They are supposed to be in their prime, yet look lost out there on most nights and are not contributing at all. I honestly cant believe I wasted 100 bucks last year on a Tatar jersey last year. Pulkkinen is an AHLer at best. Riley Sheahan, whatever happened to that guy. Zetterberg looks bad too half of the time. At least #13 keeps me awake.

Thats 4 losses in a row. Having Columbus next scares me. They will probably be over confident entering that game, and play like garbage. This is easily the least fun I have ever had watching this team. :shakehead

Honestly, once Datsyuk retires, it will be really tough to watch all the games.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
I wonder how Mike green feels about going from Washington to this mess.

He probably goes to bed every night crying about what could have been if his contract was one year longer. Washington is insanely good this year.

Wonder how mike Green sleeps at night?

Get your point though. Caps gotta be favourites to win the cup this year, and he's sent to a bubble team.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
There's nobody below the Wings in the standings that's any better. NJ, Carolina, Philly, Ottawa, and Montreal. Nobody with a positive goal differential and none of them playing better than .500 hockey like the Wings. Closest team, NJ, has lost 3 straight themselves.

This team makes the playoffs without a meltdown, but without a huge turnaround in play, it would look a lot like limping in.

Carolina and Philly are easily playing way better than Detroit right now. Wings are a mess.

Aug 6, 2012
I honestly try to keep an open mind when it comes to Brad Richards but he is so useless it's hard to stay that way.

This is why I was against the signing. Guy is going to be spoonfed minutes with our best players because he was good ten years ago.

I'm trying to figure out how you can be this bad and apparently be impactful in the playoffs... I don't see it.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Poor Jimmy.

He lost 1-0 in New York a couple of years ago as well (that was the game when Andersson was our 1C and we got outshot something like 48-20)

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
The **** is up with this Blash' distribution of Ice time? Brilliant idea to play Dats, Abby and Z around 24 minutes
whereas giving guys like AA and Pulks less than a third of that TOI. Feeling bad for Jimmy...

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I honestly try to keep an open mind when it comes to Brad Richards but he is so useless it's hard to stay that way.

This is why I was against the signing. Guy is going to be spoonfed minutes with our best players because he was good ten years ago.

I'm trying to figure out how you can be this bad and apparently be impactful in the playoffs... I don't see it.

Ken Holland special: pay a guy like he's still a 60 points per season producer. Anyone who's seen him play these past few years knows he's a shell of what he once was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad