Post-Game Talk: Wings do everything they can to keep Howard's losing streak alive

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Wow....

You gotta feel bad for Howard. He finally plays well, stands on his head, and they can't even score 1 goal for him. So many underachievers on this team right now. Tatar and Nyquist are huge disappointments. They are supposed to be in their prime, yet look lost out there on most nights and are not contributing at all. I honestly cant believe I wasted 100 bucks last year on a Tatar jersey last year. Pulkkinen is an AHLer at best. Riley Sheahan, whatever happened to that guy. Zetterberg looks bad too half of the time. At least #13 keeps me awake.

Thats 4 losses in a row. Having Columbus next scares me. They will probably be over confident entering that game, and play like garbage. This is easily the least fun I have ever had watching this team. :shakehead

Honestly, once Datsyuk retires, it will be really tough to watch all the games.
The truly sobering thing is we were told guys were high fiving each other when Blashill became coach. He was going to make this a high flying, high scoring unit. Not sure why they look so bad considering how "bad" Babcock was at using guys properly.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Not liking Blashil going with the Euro Twins together in OT. It scares me everytime they lose the puck. They both need to be with a burner. Another thing, why haven't we seen AA and Larkin together in OT. Some of Blashil's line in OT are getting pretty bad.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
You said "at his worst." At his worst, this season's Kronwall is easily worse than Marchenko and Green and even Quincy (dumb penalties notwithstanding).
Nah. Struggling in a #1 role doesn't mean Kronwall wouldn't be miles better than Marchenko as the #6, and better than Green as the #4 with mainly PP duties or as the #5 or whatever Quincey is with mainly PK duties. Anyway you cut it, our defense will improve when Kronwall returns.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Ken Holland special: pay a guy like he's still a 60 points per season producer. Anyone who's seen him play these past few years knows he's a shell of what he once was.

Brad Richards makes $3 million on a 1 year deal. They are hardly paying him "like he's still a 60 points per season producer."

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Ken Holland special: pay a guy like he's still a 60 points per season producer. Anyone who's seen him play these past few years knows he's a shell of what he once was.

How many 60 point centers are making $3 million?

Not many.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
How is it Howard's fault? Lmao... Just lmao.

Please refrain yourself from commenting. Smith lost that due to his stupidity.
It so obvious it was a joke, it could not have been more.
Wonder how mike Green sleeps at night?

Get your point though. Caps gotta be favourites to win the cup this year, and he's sent to a bubble team.

Like the Habs won the cup in November.
Carolina and Philly are easily playing way better than Detroit right now. Wings are a mess.
We won 4+1 at home.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
For a guy who will be lucky to put up over 25 points and is averaging $1.7 million a year from the Rangers for the next decade. :laugh:

You said Holland was paying Richards like he's still a 60 point center. That's 100% incorrect. Holland is paying him $3 million.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
O'Reilly is a 60 pt center. He got 7.5 million.

Richards is signed for 1 year, who cares

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad