GDT: Wings @ Devils - Home Opener! - 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
e017b400eb28b161bb6760a25f432401_edit_1360722333652784.jpg

LGD! Forgot that its Andy night, great to see him back.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
“The goalie excuse”…classic. “The single most important player on a team excuse”
This is why I'm piping down on any other issue with the team, until goaltending is fixed.

#29 has cost us more points/losses the last 2 seasons than all of McLeod, Johnsson, Geertsen, Smith (both Ty and Brendan), or any of the other guys that we all complain about, with myself being no exception to the ''We all''.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
if Vanecek plays the same game that Blackwood did in the opener, I will be right in here saying so.
I'll call him out as much as I will any other goalie

But I'll still be completely in favor of giving him more rope than #29, no matter what happens tonight. One guy has had way too many opportunities and has been the inferior goalie the last two seasons by a whole lot, while the other just got here.

Reactions: Dialamo

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Redwings 3rd line has an average height of almost 6’4” ….
Soderblom or whatever his name is scored his first last night so at least that is it out of the way already. It seems like we give up every single rookies first ever goal against us all the time.

Thats the type of third line I’d love to have.
It will be interesting to see how that line performs against us.
Its nit just size though…they can all skate very decent and have skill.

I really want to be optimistic this season but if we get man handled and lose again tonight , at home , with a full lineup , to a (average) team on a back to back ……. It will not be pretty .

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah right. This place will turn on Vanacek by the the second period.
I want to scold you…but you’re probably right.
I know they will.

There were a few people pointing out how Vanecek allowed those two goals late in the final preseason game, after Blackwood only allowed 1 goal in the half of the game he played.

Which was fair, because it's not like Vanecek was the significantly better goalie over the preseason..... Oh, wait. He was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad