Wings Decimated by Injuries

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
Nearly half way through the season and the Wings still have only played one game with a full roster … or what passes as a full roster for this team. The team is currently experiencing some of it’s toughest injuries having been averaging 3 players out for a couple of weeks now and the losses are starting to pile up. Up until recently many of the injuries have been to defensemen which the team had reserves for but the same is not true with 3 forwards out (1 of which was an injured reserve already). RW is in especially bad shape as Boyes has been out almost all season and with Giroux out for the last while the team has had to press Mark Parrish into service as the teams 2nd line RW.

Faced with these injuries the team is being forced to take some drastic measures. The next few games will feature 9 forwards and 9 defensemen being dressed, two of which will be used at the forward position.

The Wings will listen to offers to take on some unattractive expiring contracts if the offer is right.

The internal conflict for me continues as my pragmatic side says don’t make trades and hope to keep losing to improve my draft position but the competitive side just says losing isn’t acceptable.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Wait 'till we get a few double screw drivers into you tomorrow night, Drew. By night's end, we'll see your inner competitive Tiger come out to sacrifice your future for the present.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Wait 'till we get a few double screw drivers into you tomorrow night, Drew. By night's end, we'll see your inner competitive Tiger come out to sacrifice your future for the present.

I dunno... doesn't unleashing someone's "inner competitive Tiger" mean they end up banging some grungy waitress in the washroom at IHOP? Not sure anyone would appreciate that - not Melanie, not Drew, and most certainly not the unfortunate waitress! :sarcasm:

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007

Unless I can figure out some transportation it looks as if Zac and I may be missing the event unfortunately. Got rear ended on the QEW at 120km(ish) a couple of weeks back and while I've now purchased a new vehicle it's not going to be ready on time and the car I've borrowed is being returned tonight. Still might make it but consider us questionable. Would be the first GTA GM meeting I've ever missed.

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
No mas, no mas.

Don't know how the Wings did it as they managed to win their last two battles but likely lost the war as yet another foot soldier falls.

Steve Eminger is now out for most of the remaining season leaving the Wings four feathers short. All that's left to do with these plucked wings is serve them up with some hot sauce.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
No mas, no mas.

Don't know how the Wings did it as they managed to win their last two battles but likely lost the war as yet another foot soldier falls.

Steve Eminger is now out for most of the remaining season leaving the Wings four feathers short. All that's left to do with these plucked wings is serve them up with some hot sauce.

It really is incredible.

I don't think Eminger will be out too long though. Chimera was knocked out with a 2 month injury (CON of 59-62 I think) and he only missed 14 games. Our HFNHL athletes are quick healers!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad