GDT: Wings at Wild, 7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Down our entire 2nd pair and arguably our 3 best forwards, right when things are beginning to look up

What the hell hockey gods... have we not suffered enough he past 5 years?

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
ooooh the "you've never played hockey argument."

It was a clean hit. The Wings were down a man. Hockey is a tough sport. But rage on keyboard warrior.
Hey, sometimes you can just tell people don't know what it's like to play against a player like Reaves.

Clean hit or not he's taking runs at guys way smaller than him. If you think that's acceptable fine. Some teams/people do, some don't.

But don't be mad at me that the shoe fit.

An though I'm way past my prime now I'd like to be known as Beer-league-Warrior now, please.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
Hey, sometimes you can just tell people don't know what it's like to play against a player like Reaves.

Clean hit or not he's taking runs at guys way smaller than him. If you think that's acceptable fine. Some teams/people do, some don't.

But don't be mad at me that the shoe fit.
I've never played. Educate me please. Not a challenge, I want to learn.

• Haha
Reactions: Snuggs

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Suppose it's an experience more than an education?

I'm not trying to be a jerk but seriously, I'm small(5'8,144lbs), and when dudes were gooning I was hoping someone put them in line cause I knew damn well I was gonna get hurt if someone took a run at me.

I full acknowledge the first hit was clean, Hronek had his head down. He might of even let up a little imo, but point still was after the second big hit on Lindstrom that you can't take runs at our guys. I liked seeing Chiarot drop them and people said to me it was stupid and I said back... Well clearly, you've never played, what I should have said was clearly you've never been in a similar situation with a guy like that on ice.

Prolly why Kubalik sucks tonight. He's worried about getting killed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Air Budd Dwyer

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
If you fight a guy that's literally only in the league to take runs at guys and fight, he won't do the only things keeping him in the league.

Or something...

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Been this way for a decade now.

We're bottom 10 in offensive production every year, and sure enough, we are there again this year after the recent slump.
What the hell did many of you expect with Larkin, Bertuzzi, Vrana and Fabbri out... This current healthy roster can do only so much.

EDIT: Hronek now too

Reactions: raymond23

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota

I don't understand your reply.

I'm serious - I played pond hockey a few times when I was 8. Other than that I'm just a TV fan. My belief is that if a team is muscling you, you should try to match their muscling. But I have no experience.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota

I'm not trying to be a jerk but seriously, I'm small(5'8,144lbs), and when dudes were gooning I was hoping someone put them in line cause I knew damn well I was gonna get hurt if someone took a run at me.

Makes sense. Thanks!

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
What the hell did many of you expect with Larkin, Bertuzzi, Vrana and Fabbri out... This current healthy roster can do only so much.

EDIT: Hronek now too
I expected a better effort than this to be honest.

Maybe I need to lower my expectations? I was hoping for the team to come out with fire and intensity though, but it hasn't happened. They look defeated.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

Maybe I need to lower my expectations? I was hoping for the team to come out with fire and intensity though, but it hasn't happened. They look defeated.
Idk what about this lineup gave you expectations, but yes. Lower them. Missing some of our best players including unexpectedly losing one during the game.

Reactions: raymond23

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI

Short-handed roster, road back to back... I'm not surprised

just a bad break... I think they are working hard personally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad