Pre-Game Talk: Wings at panthers 1/27/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
In Florida, against a team that gives us trouble, first game after the all-star break, coming off a 5 game winning streak.

A lot of factors not making me very confident about this one. Hope they prove me wrong.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
In Florida, against a team that gives us trouble, first game after the all-star break, coming off a 5 game winning streak.

A lot of factors not making me very confident about this one. Hope they prove me wrong.

Florida is coming off a pretty bad slump too. I'm calling a shoot out loss, begrudgingly. Hope I am wrong.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm

Yeah, same here. Don't really expect to get two out of this one. If they do, all the better.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
No word either way, but seeing as how it sounded like they re-assigned him with a list of things to work on, I'd guess probably not.

Well, we need Jurco or Franzen back first. It's not Franzen, so either Jurco is ready or Pulks should be recalled. They're not going on the road with 12 forwards and Cleary being one of them.

sakei

Anti-Kindl-Brigade
May 19, 2014
Zurich
He's playing in the AHL all-star game tonight, so most probably not.. I think they will give Dan Cleary another game before deciding what to do. Sounds like Jurco and Franzen are still out for a bit so, I'd love to get another look at Ferraro/Callahan.:)

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I didn't catch that. What was the list of things?

I haven't seen anything about what was on the list, but if I had to guess the first thing would be shot selection and speed of shooting. He got a ton of shots blocked because he took way too long setting up and made it far too obvious.

Other than that, he backchecked hard, forechecked hard, forced a few turnovers, looked pretty fast out there. He made some decent passes and displayed that underrated vision/playmaking. Really don't think there was anything huge other than shooting faster and smarter.

He's pretty much ready in my eyes. On many other teams he'd probably be playing more regularly. Our forward group is just way too stacked this season. (Oh woe is us)

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Well, we need Jurco or Franzen back first. It's not Franzen, so either Jurco is ready or Pulks should be recalled. They're not going on the road with 12 forwards and Cleary being one of them.

Khan seems to suggest that Jurco and Franzen are unlikely to play this week given that neither has returned to practicing with the team yet. He mentioned that Jurco has resumed skating but hasn't practiced with the team.

If Kindl comes off of IR, don't they need to send Pulks down to keep XO up?

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I haven't seen anything about what was on the list, but if I had to guess the first thing would be shot selection and speed of shooting. He got a ton of shots blocked because he took way too long setting up and made it far too obvious.

Other than that, he backchecked hard, forechecked hard, forced a few turnovers, looked pretty fast out there. He made some decent passes and displayed that underrated vision/playmaking. Really don't think there was anything huge other than shooting faster and smarter.

He's pretty much ready in my eyes. On many other teams he'd probably be playing more regularly. Our forward group is just way too stacked this season. (Oh woe is us)

Really?,isn't his quick release best asset of his shot,i'm confused
i mean thats the reason why he has scored so many goals in the AHL.

He swings his stick so quickly,i mean thats the reason he gets the boom in to his doom,he isn't particular strong,nor have "mass" to make that shot,its
his strong thighs and quickness of the swing.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Even though he is known from his slap shot and scored many slap shot goals,
most of his career goals have come from either wrist or snap shots,not from slapper.

his backhand isn't too bad either,
also Pulks hands are very soft,good at playmaking,very versatile fella.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Chuck Pleiness ‏@wingsfrontman 5m5 minutes ago
Dan Cleary on a power play unit. That could mean Tomas Jurco isn't ready to play Tuesday.

lol.

Leseeeeee.

Z, D, Abby, Sheahan, Tatar, Nyquist, Weiss, Kronwall, Dekeyser, Helm.

That's 10 players, all healthy and ready to go, that should be on the PP before Cleary. And that's not even like, players I think should be there but Babcock doesn't agree on. He's used all of them quite readily on the PP this year.

No reason for Cleary to sniff the PP unless this is just strictly for practice or some crap.

The Geelee

Jul 27, 2013
I don't what's more absurd, Dan Cleary playing on a NHL power play unit in the year 2015 or Dan Cleary playing on a NHL team in the year 2015.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
lol.

Leseeeeee.

Z, D, Abby, Sheahan, Tatar, Nyquist, Weiss, Kronwall, Dekeyser, Helm.

That's 10 players, all healthy and ready to go, that should be on the PP before Cleary. And that's not even like, players I think should be there but Babcock doesn't agree on. He's used all of them quite readily on the PP this year.

No reason for Cleary to sniff the PP unless this is just strictly for practice or some crap.

I don't what's more absurd, Dan Cleary playing on a NHL power play unit in the year 2015 or Dan Cleary playing on a NHL team in the year 2015.
Prob there "mimicking" (i know, its know where near Pulks shot) Pookies right hand shot. Im sure if Jurco or Franzen arent ready, he will get called up again.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010

well Cleary needs to play on a NHL team to play on a NHL power play unit

it's like a russian nesting doll of awfulness :naughty:

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
I don't think Cleary is playing, he's probably just being used in practice for someone like Jurco or Pulk

Also, why don't we use Z in Pulks slapshot role on the PP? Z has a pretty good shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce