Pre-Game Talk: Wings at Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 2m
Wings practicing at the Tampa Times Forum. Skating with same lines: Nyquist-Zetterberg-Abdelkader, Datsyuk-Helm-Alfredsson (cont.)

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 42s
Lines cont. Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco, Andersson-Glendening-Miller. Eaves, Cleary and Bertuzzi also skating.

NyquistIsMyGod*

No reason to switch anything up. Hopefully they can go into the break with some added momentum. Tyler Johnson has really done well against the Red Wings. His speed has hurt the team. Really have to shut him down, and MSL. I think Stammer and Val are both out.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Love the direction this team is heading in for the remainder of this year, and also next year.

If we can just make some tweaks to the defense, or add a reliable D to the mix, then I think we'd be a tough team to handle in a 7 game series.

Also getting Mule back and staying healthy would be cool. :laugh:

Aug 6, 2012
Probably the biggest game of the year so far. TB is trending downwards, and we're trending upwards. In fact the next two games (MTL after the Olympic break) have HUGE implications.

No Filppula, Stamkos, and maybe Bishop?

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Must win. Like the lines. Wouldn't mind Patty back in but it's cool.
Watching the Wings is a lot more enjoyable when I have little to complain about.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
This team is just so much more enjoyable to watch without Bert or Cleary. There's just no forward playing that gets the puck and makes me go "oh, turnover or bad dump in coming up." They look great.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Damian Cristodero ‏@LightningTimes 1 min
Interesting tidbit about Saturday's game against the Red Wings. Will be the 6,000th game in Detroit franchise history.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Damian Cristodero ‏@LightningTimes 1 min
Interesting tidbit about Saturday's game against the Red Wings. Will be the 6,000th game in Detroit franchise history.

Been mentioned quite a bit past 2 games on fox sports detroit. I guess of all the original 6 we are the last to hit this honor.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Micky Redmond brought it up during the games iirc. I will only watch a post game interviews. Osbad and Elliot with whatever media hack are just way too boring for me to sit threw. I could live with elliot if there was a non goaltender "hockey expert" with him but 2 former goalies is just **** to watch. All they do is talk about the net way too much and often have very little insight in anything else so just tow the drw organizational slogan line for every other bit of commentary.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
No reason to switch anything up. Hopefully they can go into the break with some added momentum. Tyler Johnson has really done well against the Red Wings. His speed has hurt the team. Really have to shut him down, and MSL. I think Stammer and Val are both out.

Will be interesting to see, for sure. Wings are a lot quicker now too.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Micky Redmond brought it up during the games iirc. I will only watch a post game interviews. Osbad and Elliot with whatever media hack are just way too boring for me to sit threw. I could live with elliot if there was a non goaltender "hockey expert" with him but 2 former goalies is just **** to watch. All they do is talk about the net way too much and often have very little insight in anything else so just tow the drw organizational slogan line for every other bit of commentary.

To me, Osgood doesn't really.

He has, at least to me, sounded pretty *ahem* frustrated a few times with the way the Wings were going. Same with Mickey. Now they can't just go all out and say "This team sucks" or "Holland, Babcock, what are you guys doing." But just the change in tone from years previous where things were happy and everything was supportive is pretty evident to me.

I think they're voicing it in a subtle but very clear way.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
I know they're all big games right now, but beat Tampa and we're within touching distance of them.

Wings are 6-2-2 in their last 10, amazing what you can do with nearly a full roster eh?

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
The recent winning streak that we've gone on has got my excited. Hopefully we can pull this off, have a nice Olympic break, then come back crush the Habs and command a more dominate lead in the playoff race.

I do have some concerns about the roster once Franzen comes back. We'll no longer be forced to play the kids, it will be interesting to see who gets moved. Hopefully Shean and Jurco make some noise this game to show their worth!

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Kid line needs to produce. Also, I'd like to the powerplay get more shots on net. First line and fourth line have been really good lately.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
The recent winning streak that we've gone on has got my excited. Hopefully we can pull this off, have a nice Olympic break, then come back crush the Habs and command a more dominate lead in the playoff race.

I do have some concerns about the roster once Franzen comes back. We'll no longer be forced to play the kids, it will be interesting to see who gets moved. Hopefully Shean and Jurco make some noise this game to show their worth!

In all honesty i am more worried when Weiss comes back. We won't have the ltir "free space" for our cap issues. Granted Franzen does contribute around 40% of that free space but he plays well so he won't be bad to get back. Franzen coming back more than likely moves back abby to third line role with helm + whoever.

But Weiss when he comes back will really have to get it going and he has had some major rust build up over missing most of the past year and a half of each season. Don't get me wrong I'm not expecting him to produce at a obscene unsustainable rate but we really need him to round into form quickly and be able to gel with his linemates and produce at around a .5-.6 ppg rate. He has been good at face offs this year so that is well and good but we really need him to be able to make our second line a viable scoring threat. If he can do this then we can afford to put z and d back together and potentially role out a loaded first line with z, d, and alfie with weiss centering franzen and gustav.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Once Weiss gets back we won't be cap compliant anymore so a move will have to be made.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I don't really see the point in uniting Z and D. Zetterberg and Nyquist have been money together. Why would you break that up?

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
I don't really see the point in uniting Z and D. Zetterberg and Nyquist have been money together. Why would you break that up?

I have to eat crow for laughing at the thought of Datsyuk on the wing of the Helm line before last game. But that is what Dats wanted! I agree now, let the players who have been warring stay in the front lines.

I thought the fourth line looked much better with Eaves than with Andersson.

This applies to Andy too, he is going to take time getting up to speed. I agree Eaves has been better. But Andersson is our boy do you make him wait or give him time to get back to his original self?

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Probably the biggest game of the year so far. TB is trending downwards, and we're trending upwards. In fact the next two games (MTL after the Olympic break) have HUGE implications.

No Filppula, Stamkos, and maybe Bishop?

Yeah, Detroit should be able to get 2 points from this, no excuses!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad