Pre-Game Talk: Wings at Habs 7:30ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I was thinking about what is most likely if detroit clinch tonight and bruins lose (which would almost guarantee a 3rd place in the division). How many veterans would they rest, i'm asuming pavel and hank are almost guaranteed a day off on saturday and maybe kronwall i guess depending on how he's feeling? Or will they take the Carolina game to work on structure?

Would be interesting see AA and mantha play against Carolina on sat imo. But is it likely though? I'd love to see a game with a ton of offense to polish some stats.

Love to see AA and Mantha in a winged wheel against Carolina.

I highly doubt that theywork on structure. They didnt last year.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Scenarios where the Red Wings clinch, was meant for the Sens, but you can make it out.

Jg1X01J.png

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
My money is that he is a Red Wing this summer and Weiss is a part of the deal.

As for the Habs, per John Lu :

#Habs lines:
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher
Smith-Pelly - Desharnais - Parenteau
De la Rose - Eller - Weise
Prust - Malhotra/Mitchell - Flynn

Big bodies, Price in net. It'll be a tough one to win, looking for a Nyquist Explosion.

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
Weiss, Kindl, and Sproul.

I have been adamantly against adding Phaneuf, but if Toronto was simple enough to make that deal I would be all over it. Problem is I dont see any world where that deal works for them lol. If we want Phaneuf we will have to give up something of significance.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I have been adamantly against adding Phaneuf, but if Toronto was simple enough to make that deal I would be all over it. Problem is I dont see any world where that deal works for them lol. If we want Phaneuf we will have to give up something of significance.

It sounds like they want to get Phaneuf off the books, the deal mentioned works well for them.

Electric Eric

#91 To the Rafters!
Feb 10, 2014
Portland -> Netherlands

Doesn't he have a full NTC though? That could work well for us.

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
It sounds like they want to get Phaneuf off the books, the deal mentioned works well for them.

Except theyre takong back about the same amount of salary and getting nothing of significance in return. Weiss is arguable I suppose.

@Vladdy- Cant confirm this for sure but I am pretty sure he has a limited no trade clause where he submits team he would accept a trade to. Might help us out, might not. Lots of teama want to "improve" their D and Phaneuf might be the best optuon available for trade this summer.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

I cant think of the last player traded from a team that was a lottery or non-playoff team that was looking to shed salary/contracts and enter a rebuild that managed to trade a 30 plus year old player for anything of "significance"

bouwmeester=nope
kesler=nope
ryan=nope
luongo=nope
heatley=nope
hossa=nope
kovalchuk=nope

weiss, kindl and sproul would be enough to get it done

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
I cant think of the last player traded from a team that was a lottery or non-playoff team that was looking to shed salary/contracts and enter a rebuild that managed to trade a 30 plus year old player for anything of "significance"

bouwmeester=nope
kesler=nope
ryan=nope
luongo=nope
heatley=nope
hossa=nope
kovalchuk=nope

I still love Smith. But I'd swap him for Kindl to get it done if Toronto really wants him.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
My money is that he is a Red Wing this summer and Weiss is a part of the deal.

As for the Habs, per John Lu :

Big bodies, Price in net. It'll be a tough one to win, looking for a Nyquist Explosion.

Good god. That offense is crusty but ugly. Too bad Price is having a year for the ages. And that defense is solid too, if top heavy.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Except theyre takong back about the same amount of salary and getting nothing of significance in return. Weiss is arguable I suppose.

@Vladdy- Cant confirm this for sure but I am pretty sure he has a limited no trade clause where he submits team he would accept a trade to. Might help us out, might not. Lots of teama want to "improve" their D and Phaneuf might be the best optuon available for trade this summer.

They're getting a 7 year deal off the books for a 3 year deal. That's a massive win in a cap era.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
A team with the 22nd ranked offense is without their top goalscorer, a top 5 goalscorer at that. I fully expect them to put up 5 on us.

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013

bouwmeester=nope
kesler=nope
ryan=nope
luongo=nope
heatley=nope
hossa=nope
kovalchuk=nope

Jaybo fetched a 1st round pick. As did Bobby Ryan who also received silfverberg who is a promising young player. Kesler received a couple solid players. The entire Luongo situation was completely botched by vancouver. Kovalchuk fetched Oduya and a 1st and he was a rental. Guess what? Hossa fetched a first when he was traded to pittsburgh too. Heatley was traded a couple timss so I am not sure which one you refer too.

See any similarities? Detroit isn't landing Phaneuf without including a 1st round pick. These lowball offers didn't get it done during the deadline why would they now? Plus Toronto would be sending Phaneuf to someone in their division I cannot imagine they wouldn't want a premium for having to match up against him for the next 7 years.

I'm just saying they aren't going to take back nothing but our scraps, how exactly would that help their rebuild?

@Heaton- That is a good point regarding the lengths of the deals I did not take that into consideration.

Last edited:

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Jaybo fetched a 1st round pick. As did Bobby Ryan who also received silfverberg who is a promising young player. Kesler received a couple solid players. The entire Luongo situation was completely botched by vancouver. Kovalchuk fetched Oduya and a 1st and he was a rental. Guess what? Hossa fetched a first when he was traded to pittsburgh too. Heatley was traded a couple timss so I am not sure which one you refer too.

See any similarities? Detroit isn't landing Phaneuf without including a 1st round pick. These lowball offers didn't get it done during the deadline why would they now? Plus Toronto would be sending Phaneuf to someone in their division I cannot imagine they wouldn't want a premium for having to match up against him for the next 7 years.

I'm just saying they aren't going to take back nothing but our scraps, how exactly would that help their rebuild?

@Heaton- That is a giod point regarding the lengths of the deals I did not take that into consideration.

the TML get out from under a 7 year contract at 7 million, thats their benefit, they get worse so as to draft higher again next year so as to get better in the long run through the draft. If they add two useful young players, smith and lets say sproul, then its a win-win. Unles the 1st rd pick is from a team picking between 23-30 I do not see a higher pick being included.

the price will go down the further removed from the deadline we get as its quite apparent, even moreso today, that Phaneuf is done in Toronto. Not maybe done or could be done but in fact done. He will not wear their sweater next Sept.

no matter who Phaneuf is traded to the return will not include anything significant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce