GDT: Wings at Coyotes | January 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

MabusIncarnate

May 20, 2013
Tennessee
Assuming Hellberg is in for this one, maybe he gets the start after just to give Husso a break. This is a winnable game so who knows how it ends up here, 7-4 Wings win. LGW!

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Hellberg has a solid start this game (assuming he gets the start) I could see he and Husso splitting starts for the remainder of this road trip. I think Ville could use a chance to refocus.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
I wouldn't mind an entertaining game. Say, 1-1 tie in the first. That's a few pages of GDT for us to complain. 3-2 Wings after the 2d. A few more pages of complaints about the refs screwing the Wings out of goals. Then win 8-2 as the 3d period becomes a showcase of every dude on the team who needs to show their stuff showing their stuff. That's a few more pages of us wondering why they can't play like this all the time even against top-ranked teams.

Would be fun.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
If they didn't bring up Ed when Maatta went out with pneumonia they aren't going to just call him up now when we've got three healthy LHD.
Question for the group who know better than I do, can Edvinsson's ELC slide this year if he plays in 9 or less games?

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I think Lalonde is going to tell the team to focus on defense first over everything. Should be a limited amount of 2-on-1's or 3-on-2's etc. In turn, Red wings also wont be cherry picking or leaving too early out of the zone.

I say the score ends around 3-1 red wings.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Detroit is 1-3 in the second game of back to backs this year, I hope they finish 2-3. The score is going to be 3-2 overtime win.

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
And imagine this... the yotes is playing ingram in goal. Like woah. He has been awful this season. Vejmelka is their hero Bonnie tyler sangs about.

This game might be a real high scoring one. Put fabbri on on the first pp unit or perron. They should strike down the opponent.

Reactions: MabusIncarnate

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
If this game was at home, we lose. Since it is on road we have a chance.

Why was Sundqvist out last game?
Why doesn't Maatta play with Hronaissance?

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I have not missed a Wings game out here in over a decade. Only Wings game I am blacked out for. Coyotes have been offering $40 standing room tickets for select games. Wings do not make the discount cut. Ah, well. Going to Vegas on Thursday.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

MabusIncarnate

May 20, 2013
Tennessee
I counted 4 potential scoring chances Bert fanned on or flat out missed yesterday, I expect a good game out of him and a couple points at least.

I'm in the mood for a firing squad 8-6 kind of game, but i'll take a win here.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I counted 4 potential scoring chances Bert fanned on or flat out missed yesterday, I expect a good game out of him and a couple points at least.

I'm in the mood for a firing squad 8-6 kind of game, but i'll take a win here.

That sounds about right. He didn’t look like an NHLer last night. He needs to turn this season around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad