GDT: Wings at Columbus, 5:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Who da **** is this Atkinson kid? He's a Wing Killer. Kinda like Nash was.

Atkinson has been a buzzsaw basically since he entered the league. Incredibly fast and a net magnet. He's been a disruptive guy for a long time now, he just finally has the eye-popping numbers to go with it. I remember hearing someone say he could be a Marin St. Louis lite when he first came into the league and that's become fairly accurate.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Green is really good but he makes some very bad mistakes here and there

Yup, but it's a lot better than being not very good and still making some very bad mistakes, like all of our other defenseman.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
That 2nd unit with Zetterberg is so bad lol

its Zetterberg plus a bunch of 3rd liners and a #6D

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Vanek has had a lot of bad luck with injuries. I wonder how well he would be doing if he had not missed so much time.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Weird how they clearly knew Wennberg hit the puck out of play, but saw some phantom deflection by Mantha hence the faceoff coming out of the zone...

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Vanek has had a lot of bad luck with injuries. I wonder how well he would be doing if he had not missed so much time.

He's played enough games to know what he is/what he'd do. Similar point per game, first on the team in points. I don't think his value would change much, plus his injury was primarily at the start of the season I think. After the first 7 games he missed like 10, and then maybe one other separate game.

Right now we need to hope he returns. I've been thinking a bit of past deadline deals. Andrew Ladd hauled in a first rounder + Marko Dano. He had 34 points in 55 games, less average than Vanek. Adds a physical aspect, and leadership obviously (to be fair Vanek has been a captain too). This year the only selling teams are 1) Colorado, 2) Arizona, and 3) Detroit*. Colorado's rentals are I think just Jarome Iginla, rumoured are young top six long-term options in Duchene and Landeskog. Arizona has Martin Hanzal and Radim Vrbata. Vrbata had some eh buzz with Vancouver which I understand. Hanzal's value is higher due to age and position .

TLDR; I think we could possibly get a first rounder plus a legit prospect for Vanek. So many contending teams. So few options. Praying for health.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad