GDT: Wings at Caps, December 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I can't believe , but Rasmussen going to get PP, so I know he's going to score.
EN for OVi

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Need a win, I don't wanna watch Ovi highlights all over about him beating Gordie.

giphy.gif

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
In Ye Olden Dayze of hockey, were there players who mainly camped out around the dots and waited for setups to rocket on-net? Or are the Hulls/Ovechkins a relatively modern thing?

Last edited:

tabness

be a playa
Apr 4, 2014
Ovechkin will pass the great Gordie Howe and it will be a great moment and and amazing milestone for him, but please, not against us (especially not empty netter lol)

Reactions: 14ari13

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
Ovi close to passing Howe in a game against Detroit? Its almost like the league scripts storylines....

Don't really care either way. I still think WHA stats should count since it merged with the NHL and had comparable star talent during its operations (even though the depth was not as good). Combined stats still have Howe as the all time goals leader too.

Either way, I do enjoy that Ovi broke 800 goals and shows no sign of retiring soon. When Gretzky got up there and Lemieux had his health issues I felt like those were numbers I would not see again until maybe the end of my lifetime and here we are 31 years later with history seemingly inevitable. Plus its great watching some of the Canadian fans try to downplay the accomplishment just because Ovi isn't from Canada without being overtly racist.

I look forward to Ovi passing 99 for NHL goals and then reading the HF board posts about how Crosby was 'better'.

Would be nice if we got a shutout, but either way - JUST WIN BABY.

Reactions: Midnight Judges

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I join the group who don't want Ovi to score vs us, but if they focus on it we might win the game. 10 games ago the caps were an easy win, now they are red hot and seem unbeatable.

Reactions: lilidk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad