Winging It In Motown - Article: "NHL GameCenter Live is Steadily Getting Worse"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Just read that article and some truth in there. But as I don't have much of a better choice to catch up with live games, I try to blind out the flaws and use it anyways.
Even if the price bears no relationship to the performance.

How do you guys from the US or Canada catch up? What about my fellow fans from abroad? Any alternatives? Done with consistently looking for streams, as I did quite a while back.

(Didn't find any threads on that issue - feel free to move my post to the appropriate one if necessary)

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I have subscribed to both NHL game center and also Hockey Streams. I found Hockey Streams to be to be much better although its very legally gray.

The advantage to hockey streams is no blackouts and playoffs plus you can subscribe in shorter increments like monthly. Also can see juniors and international games I don't know if NHL game center fixed playoffs but when I subscribed they did not show playoffs and even if they did blackouts would still apply. IMO game center has never been worth the price with hockey streams as an option.

Trying to find internet streams is a lost cause for me. Trying to fight all the virus ridden fake sites or the sites that really are streaming but have a pop over windows for penis enlargemnt every 30 seconds is entirely too obnoxious for any human to suffer.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
The lag and black-outs really suck. Very annoying when everyone comments on the goal and I have to wait 2-3 minutes to see it. Makes the GDT's a lot less enjoyable overall. Also don't have cable, so have to go to the bar for any games on NHLN or NBCSN. Which is stupid.

But I just use my buddy's log-in, otherwise I would recommend not paying for it.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Doesn't NHL Gamecenter just fill you with RAGE sometimes? The blackouts are stupid as hell. It's called GameCENTER not Gameblackedout.

Good thing there are other ways. You guys should read my post very carefully.

Last edited:

ashenhigh

Aug 27, 2008
Los Angeles
Get GCL, but get a proxy.

Blackouts be gone. Its incredible. Oh and you can actually watch a game hours after it ended with a proxy too.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Get GCL, but get a proxy.

Blackouts be gone. Its incredible. Oh and you can actually watch a game hours after it ended with a proxy too.

Any way to do this for watching on Xbox One???

RocketCityRocker

Aug 2, 2006
GameCenter is terrible. Last night's Red Wings/Coyotes game was blacked out for me and I still don't know why. I live in North Alabama, which is nowhere near Michigan or Arizona. Also, any time the Red Wings game is on NHL-N, I'm screwed because I only have the basic cable package.

It's basically $180 a year to have a 65% chance at catching a regular season game. For playoffs, it's useless because all the games are on TV anyway, so they're blacked out.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
GameCenter is terrible. Last night's Red Wings/Coyotes game was blacked out for me and I still don't know why. I live in North Alabama, which is nowhere near Michigan or Arizona. Also, any time the Red Wings game is on NHL-N, I'm screwed because I only have the basic cable package.

I'm pretty sure last night's game was on NBCSN like tonight's Chicago-Philly game. So my guess is they blocked you out because NBC had the rights to the game. So yeah, it sucks, people paying for a service should not be subjected to a blackout. Cable will bleed every last dime out of people until the monopoly is finally destroyed. :shakehead

And hell, even with cable far too many games are in standard definition which is ******** given how long high definition has been around. So let me get this straight, I'm supposed to be impressed that typically two games are in high def at any given time? Oh and pay an arm and a leg for cable and the sports tier so I can get the NHL Network?

It's a ****ing racket but sports is one of the last areas where people will want to watch live so sports programming brings in lots of advertising dollars.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Since we're now into discussion of illegal services, we're finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad