Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alex Ovechkin

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boreal01

Nov 3, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Defencemen rankings will be wrapping up after today so figured I'd get a jump start on the center/winger rankings

There is no specific criteria, just vote for who you determine to be the best player available (disregard contracts)

Certain players listed as centers may sometimes play wing (or vice versa) so for the purposes of these lists, players will be added based on what their position is officially listed as on NHL.com

As always, feel free to leave suggestions for who should be added in the future

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I'll give the edge to Kucherov for his recent playoff performances, but Panarin is right there as well.

Top 5 is probably
Kucherov
Panarin
Marchand
Kane
Stone

Then Pastrnak,Rantanen, Huberdeau, Marner in some order, then Ovechkin rounding out the top 10.

Then it gets tricky.

Last edited:

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I'll give the edge to Kucherov for his recent playoff performances, but Panarin is right there as well.

Top 5 is probably
Kucherov
Panarin
Marchand
Kane
Stone

Then Pastrnak,Rantanen, Huberdeau, Marner in some order, then Ovechkin rounding out the top 10.

Then it gets tricky.
Good list Regally, agreed. If I disagreed it would therefore be a bad list ;)

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

Top 5 is probably
Kucherov
Panarin
Marchand
Kane
Stone

Then it gets tricky.

Kuch, Panarin, and Marchand are the clear top-3.

I think Pasta, Rants, and Marner are right on par with Kane and Stone imo. It just depends on preference.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Kuch, Panarin, and Marchand are the clear top-3.

I think Pasta, Rants, and Marner are right on par with Kane and Stone imo. It just depends on preference.

I generally agree. I didn't mean to make it sound like two tiers of the top 5 and bottom 5. I think the top 3 are clear like you say, and the next 6 are all close. Just personally I would take Kane and Stone next and then I can't decide on the order of the other 4.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Is there really any argument for somebody over Kucherov? I can't think of anything

No.

He has the best season (by far) of any winger in past 3 years. Granted 3 years ago is now a little while ago - but he didn't play at all last season, and the season prior he had a bit of a slow start and was heating up at end when covid hit.

As for playoffs - he has the clear two best playoff runs as a winger in the past 3 years too.

0 Argument for anyone else.

Boreal01

Nov 3, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
As a Jet fan I can tell you that Ehlers is a much better winger then Connor. OP obviously does not watch Jet games.

I try to watch a little of every team but I'd be lying if I said Winnipeg isn't one of the more forgettable franchises in the league

My personal view of players doesn't really influence who gets added, candidates are selected based on their average placement across a compilation of rankings combined with a ranking of their stats and advanced performance metrics

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
I try to watch a little of every team but I'd be lying if I said Winnipeg isn't one of the more forgettable franchises in the league

My personal view of players doesn't really influence who gets added, candidates are selected based on their average placement across a compilation of rankings combined with a ranking of their stats and advanced performance metrics

Fair enough and thanks for the response. I'll tell you right now though that a vast majority of Jets fans who watch most if not all their games will tell you that Ehlers is not just the best winger on the Jets but the best player overall except for Helle.

Reactions: Boreal01

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad