marc-staal-2022-34.jpg

marc-staal-2022-34.jpg

marc-staal-2022-34.jpg

marc-staal-2022-34.jpg
why 4? One for each decade? lol.

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
I'm usually more of an optimistic Rangers fan, but it's painful watching this team at times unless we're on the power-play.

Those bottom 2 lines are black holes. They suck the life out of the viewer. I don't know how McKegg is on this team instead of Barron. Chytil is the only one that can occasionally provide offense. Hunt? ugh. Rooney is a good 4th liner. Gaulthier isn't cutting it on that third line. It's sad that we don't have better depth.

Reaves got shoved pretty hard by Smith on the face-off and Reaves didn't even look at him. So much for being feared. I guess he is the ultimate alpha in his head only.

Defense is optional on those top 2 lines. Panarin has been giving away the puck way too much. Strome had a chance to knock down Bertuzzi, but instead glides into him for some half-assed poke check and it leads to a scoring chance. I can't stand lack of effort defensively. At least Laf back-checked at times.

Just let Jones and Schneider play. If they want to add a better 7th def, fine, but let the kids develop.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Hated it. Still thought they outplayed the opponent and had a great time at the game.
Good for you. Unlike many here, I really enjoyed watching and thought it was pretty entertaining. Don't see the winged wheels very much, but their future looks brighter now, and certainly is amazing how Seider and Raymond are doing very well, whereas our guys, not so much.
In the long run, it's all good.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
I'm usually more of an optimistic Rangers fan, but it's painful watching this team at times unless we're on the power-play.

Those bottom 2 lines are black holes. They suck the life out of the viewer. I don't know how McKegg is on this team instead of Barron. Chytil is the only one that can occasionally provide offense. Hunt? ugh. Rooney is a good 4th liner. Gaulthier isn't cutting it on that third line. It's sad that we don't have better depth.

Reaves got shoved pretty hard by Smith on the face-off and Reaves didn't even look at him. So much for being feared. I guess he is the ultimate alpha in his head only.

Defense is optional on those top 2 lines. Panarin has been giving away the puck way too much. Strome had a chance to knock down Bertuzzi, but instead glides into him for some half-assed poke check and it leads to a scoring chance. I can't stand lack of effort defensively. At least Laf back-checked at times.

Just let Jones and Schneider play. If they want to add a better 7th def, fine, but let the kids develop.

The stars float about 5v5 then look alive on the PP to collect their points. I hate it, it short changes the kids who are expected to defend AND play offense. Then the stars talk about accountability. Spare me.

Panarin looked amazing and could have had 5 points. He also played perimeter hockey against a weak team and one of the few times he attacked the middle he took a shot and hit the post. The Rangers have a lot of very talented players who are used to get bailed out by the talent disparity in their favor. But how about adding some hard work and structure to the 5v5? It will be needed come playoff time.

Reactions: leetch99

Lgrsean

Jan 23, 2022
The Rangers have still not learned to play the right way - why is that magically going to change? And when? Teams that change their play usually do it way before this point in the season.

Gallant has more times getting tossed on the side of the road than championships won. He's not a good coach, and he's a loser..

It’s not magic. It’s installing a new system, setting lines, and building chemistry. This happens with time and effort. The effort is there, but we are only 60% into Gallant’s 1st year and we’re on pace to finish with as many points as the Rangers have ever had in a season relying on young players and important guys missing time with injury or illness as he tries to set his lines. What coach would you prefer and how many more points would the rangers have with him?

This gallant is a loser thing is just more of your arrogant misery bit that’s gotten old quick.

Reactions: FUZfan and McSauer

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
It’s not magic. It’s installing a new system, setting lines, and building chemistry. This happens with time and effort. The effort is there, but we are only 60% into Gallant’s 1st year and we’re on pace to finish with as many points as the Rangers have ever had in a season relying on young players and important guys missing time with injury or illness as he tries to set his lines. What coach would you prefer and how many more points would the rangers have with him?

This gallant is a loser thing is just more of your arrogant misery bit that’s gotten old quick.
The system has been in place for 6 months now. They can't get it by now they ain't ever getting it. The only reason this team isn't worse off is because the goaltender saves Gallant's ass more than regularly.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
The system has been in place for 6 months now. They can't get it by now they ain't ever getting it. The only reason this team isn't worse off is because the goaltender saves Gallant's ass more than regularly.
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt with limited practice time and grueling travel schedule...

but time is running out... we need improvements

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt with limited practice time and grueling travel schedule...

but time is running out... we need improvements
They just had two weeks off and a bunch of practices in a row before these two games where they look as if they have learned nothing and just intend to continue to play the same way. We need for the coach to put the best team out there on a nightly basis just as a start, and then go from there.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
I thought Seider looked good. I didn't notice Raymond at all. Laf was very noticable--disappointed he didn't get a shift in OT.
I thought Raymond had a good game. He had a few grade A chances that Igor denied and set up Larkin well a few times too. I think he'll be a stud for them, but I always wait till the sophmore slump before deciding on these breakout rookies.

Seider was very impressive. Kreider tried to throw a check on him and I swear he bounced off him and went flying back. Kids got some unnatural strength. Defensively he didn't seem any more impressive than Schneider or KAM though.

Happy the Wings got some young talent though. They are probably the only team in the East besides the Rangers that I genuinely like.

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
Strome has been one of our worst players in the last two months or so which is further exasperating our scoring woes. He has just 1 goal and 7 points in his las 15 games. Probably his worst stretch in years
One goal playing center for Artemi Panarin and on every PP1?? Just bad.

Reactions: leetch99

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
They just had two weeks off and a bunch of practices in a row before these two games where they look as if they have learned nothing and just intend to continue to play the same way. We need for the coach to put the best team out there on a nightly basis just as a start, and then go from there.
There's no argument there.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I thought Seider looked good. I didn't notice Raymond at all. Laf was very noticable--disappointed he didn't get a shift in OT.

Raymond is meh, his numbers are escalated because of Larkin who is having an excellent season. Seider is legit, think it will come down to him and Zegras for the Calder.

Lgrsean

Jan 23, 2022
Yes,

Yes, every head coach worth a damn has their team running at their highest level 49 games into their first season on a higher than 112 point pace.

upload_2022-2-18_12-48-36.jpeg

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Raymond is meh, his numbers are escalated because of Larkin who is having an excellent season. Seider is legit, think it will come down to him and Zegras for the Calder.
Detroit fans have been insufferable so I wouldn't mind Raymond's numbers tanking.
But he's produced whereas Laf hasn't.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Lafreniere needs to be mentally abused in order to succeed according to the Rangers. Their hockey development program is ripped from straight from the CIA's torture handbook. Probably sending a clown at 3AM to Kakko's apartment and rattling his doorknob to terrorize him. Drury playing mind games with Andersson and Vitali until they have mental breakdowns. This organization is so gaudy and arrogant they can't stop torturing these kids to break their spirits.
Or, we could allow the kids to run around and do whatever they want to do......on AND off the ice.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
image.jpg

Pic related is 99% of the reason for that. Gallant has nothing to do with that.

Gallant's system has improved Shesty's numbers for reasons i've discussed ad nauseum with folks on here already.

Shesty isn't a fully unmoved mover.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Gallant's system has improved Shesty's numbers for reasons i've discussed ad nauseum with folks on here already.

He might not be fully unmoved but he's playing on another level than he did last season, especially with how many chances and shots against the Rangers give up.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

Not sure how you'd quantify that....

We are at the bottom of the league at giving up High Danger Chances. We are really weak in the middle of the ice and weak through the neutral zone. We concede so much space to the opposing team.

IF anything, I'd argue Shesty is a Vezina/Hart candidate in spite of Gallant's system.

We've been bottom of the barrel all season at 5v5. There's no sugar coating it. Shesty and our Special Teams have led us to over perform.

We're a .500 bubble team without Shesterkin.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad