Windsor Spitfires 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Let me explain my thoughts on goalies. My belief is they decided to go a 1a 1b system if thats the case i go to X. For no reason other than the team lost and had 5 against. If thats not the case and O is the clear #1 then by all means start him. Truly dont care as i believe they are very close talent wise. No i haven’t forgotten what transpired but if he was allowed back then all is forgiven. This will be a delicate balance for the coaches to get right. Lots of reasons to go to with X i wont get into. Reasons to come back with O as well….. like i said delicate balance. This game is a series changer tho. Need to win!

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Tonight's game puts a bit more pressure on Windsor than Sting.
Hopefully Windsor takes it serious and plays a lot better than game 3.

Reactions: Section 103

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Leaving soon also
Safe travels
Made the drive back n forth a few weeks ago for work. Not bad considering the time. Much better than the 401 trip to Windsor or TO from London.
Enjoy the game.
I figure Spits put a stamp on this series tonight and all but end it.

Last edited:

spits

Jul 24, 2013
How in the world did Maggio get a penalty for 'snowing the goalie?' He took a shot on net and was looking for a rebound, and stopped in front of Gaudreau and got a penalty for it? Maggio was also cross-checked from behind on that play as well and somehow Sarnia doesn't get called? What an embarrassing display of officiating. Maggio literally got a penalty for looking for a rebound on his own shot? Refs on Sarnia or what.

Not a bad period for Windsor. Sarnia's goal was on a wraparound off a Spits skate. Windsor also hit two posts.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
How in the world did Maggio get a penalty for 'snowing the goalie?' He took a shot on net and was looking for a rebound, and stopped in front of Gaudreau and got a penalty for it? Maggio was also cross-checked from behind on that play as well and somehow Sarnia doesn't get called? What an embarrassing display of officiating. Maggio literally got a penalty for looking for a rebound on his own shot? Refs on Sarnia or what.

Not a bad period for Windsor. Sarnia's goal was on a wraparound off a Spits skate. Windsor also hit two posts.
Have u watched hockey?
U cant snow the goalie.

• Haha
Reactions: oldPeng

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
lol you know how many times that happens in a game? You're allowed to take a shot and go to the net looking for a rebound which is what happened. Also he was cross checked from behind on that play with no call.
Crossed checked because of the snowing the goalie.
Its unsportsmanlike

Reactions: Earlofpoundcake

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Lessons not learned from game 3.
Still taking stupid penalties.
PP same double drop back side of the net spinaround attempt.
Their defense clears and covers the crease where ourD not effective effective around our crease area.
Cuylee if he is to be a power forward in the NHL needs to establish real estate in the tough areas.
Contain Johnston and this offense sputters with long perimeter shots that usually miss the net.
Sure we hit 2 posts but if posts count the Stings 5 in game 1 would have won that game.
HENAULT caught up ice giving glorious scoring chances , Onuska made some tough saves keeping the game 1-0.
Need to come out in the 2nd the way the Spits played the 1st 2 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad