Windsor Spitfires 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Omg Downey is dressing for a 3rd game in a row? I can't believe Windfor would let him do that and play last night........ Actually this isn't a big deal as I said this is a Medina issue and has nothing to do with Downey.

I am sure you would be saying the same thing had Downey got hurt last while playing for LA Salle
Stay classy Razor,unlikely.

member 71782

Omg Downey is dressing for a 3rd game in a row? I can't believe Windfor would let him do that and play last night........ Actually this isn't a big deal as I said this is a Medina issue and has nothing to do with Downey.

Personally I find some of the line suggestions amusing, Currie and Christopoulos on the 4th line.

I thought one had top line potential and the other was going to replace McDonald's goals.

I know if I would have made such a suggestion I would have been ripped for it.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Personally I find some of the line suggestions amusing, Currie and Christopoulos on the 4th line.

I thought one had top line potential and the other was going to replace McDonald's goals.

Nothing to do with McDonald, he is gone line balancing works for me and so does 6-1-0-1 in last 8

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I am sure you would be saying the same thing had Downey got hurt last while playing for LA Salle
Stay classy Razor,unlikely.

#whataboutism. Why are you bringing about scenarios that never happened? You already said what you did because you thought Medina would dress. Tell us what you really think of Downey 3 games in a row.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
#whataboutism. Why are you bringing about scenarios that never happened? You already said what you did because you thought Medina would dress. Tell us what you really think of Downey 3 games in a row.

Lucky Downey was not injured
I would say the same if Tovell was the 3rd goalie,name of 3rd goalie doesn't matter,circumstances do.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

Yeah about that.... Who knew moving a top 6 forward bringing back a bottom 6 isn't great.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
If the club knew that Downey would be on the bench tonight, having him play last night was risky. IF Medina is actually sick, and Downey gets hurt, do you bring in... ??

Zamboni driver.
It worked against Toronto...

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Oh, I should add - there was at least one time this year (that I remember) where the team had 13F out for warmups and only 12 were going to dress. It was an "either this guy or this guy" type thing, depending on health.

Reactions: hockeylegend11

member 71782

But a first line talent, as I was told when he played his first couple of games here on the 4th line isn't line balancing unless you have 9 30+ goal scorers ahead of him.

Another player I was told who would be a nice top 6 addition after McDonald and his 30 goals (17 in Windsor plus 13 in NB) also on that same 4th line.

All this while the coach still seems to be trying to find consistent depth scoring.

I know nothing much in terms of results matter, it's simply about who's here now regardless of results since that may expose bad decisions by the GM. I know you can't be critical of bad decisions, just ignore them, it's easier.

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
Spits Twitter noted O Flaherty was skating warmups.

Even with all the speculation, I still expected Medina to play two games this weekend. Not dressed again is fishy. But I know nothing.

Reactions: windsor7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad