Post-Game Talk: WIN!!! - WCF - Game 1 - Nashville 3 at Anaheim 2 (OT) - NSH Leads 1-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee

KKfdKGd.png

o1Oqbt6.png

h0qASnb.png

SVNwyNs.png
LL5mQpi.png

J4kib5i.jpg

YVQBJp8.png

Last edited:

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Holy crap. Tonight begins uncharted territory for this franchise. I want to see a solid effort from all four lines tonight. Control the tempo, set the pace. Get a lead early and do not let up.

4 wins for a chance at the ultimate prize.

Go Preds.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Late start works perfectly for me tonight. Traveling to my sons college graduation which is at 630pm Eastern... game should be just getting underway when I get back to the hotel...

tampa pred

Jul 8, 2014
I'd be happy with the posted line-up, but I think that McLeod will be in since the Ducks are a big physical team.

One interesting note- If that is the line-up, there are 3 game winning goal scorers in the "injuries and scratches".

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
I'd be happy with the posted line-up, but I think that McLeod will be in since the Ducks are a big physical team.

One interesting note- If that is the line-up, there are 3 game winning goal scorers in the "injuries and scratches".

Fun fact, we have 8 different GWG scorers.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Their top line is piling it on. However it is basically just them and Silfverberg. Hope we can neutralize that top scoring line and let's hope the goalie play for both teams stays the same.

Duck Guy

May 7, 2017
:cheers: here is to a series of good hockey... hope ducks win but if preds make it out I dont mind I think I have a man crush on PK....

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I'm starting to adopt the mentality of the guys in the room, and that is we've done nothing yet.

It's uncharted territory for us but I'm trying to be cool, calm and confident. They're an outstanding team no doubt but they're less than 48 hours off of finishing a grueling 7 game series with a lot of travel. We haven't traveled much and we've been resting since Sunday night.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
now let's go steal this first one. we know we need to win one of these two in ANA and i don't want to lose this one and feel Sunday is already a 'must win' type of pressure game.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
I suspect we will play a lineup similar to the 2nd round with the Blues. We know Kessler is going to get matched up against the top line which is why I think Fisher needs to move up and play with Neal and Wilson against Getzlaf as Jarnkrok will just get manhandled by him.
Fish has done a great job against Getzlaf before.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I don't know about you guys, but I'm as nervous as a lead foot driver being followed by blue lights.

Let's do this. Go Preds!

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I am actually not nervous and haven't been since Game 3 against STL. Very odd.

I THINK (we shall see) I will be slightly less nervous for this series than the previous two. I don’t know if it makes sense or not, but I think from a fan perspective a LITTLE BIT of the pressure has been relieved.

My thinking is this:

Chicago- if we lose that series it really wouldn’t have been a shock since we were a huge underdog, but it still would put a bow on an incredibly disappointing, underachieving season.

St Louis- if we lose that series it would have really taken a little of the shine off of the great Chicago sweep. Plus it meant we lost to a team we should have beaten, because we absolutely were the better team. And finally, it would mean that as great as the Chicago win was, the reality is we didn’t get any further than we did last year (and if it had gone less than 7 games would have been worse than last year). So a loss in this series would have been pretty devastating from my perspective.

But this Anaheim series is pretty much a 50/50 series- they are certainly not a team that we are head and shoulders better than. And no matter what happens here, we have still made the conference finals and also knocked out our two most hated rivals in the first two rounds.

Now, don’t get me wrong and don’t misread this post- I will be bitterly disappointed if we don’t win this series. I honestly believe if we get by Anaheim we have a great chance to actually pull this off and win the freaking Stanley Cup this year. I don’t know if we will ever have a better chance to win it all than we have this year. It feels like THIS IS OUR YEAR. So don’t take the above as me saying I am ok with a loss here- no way.

Just saying that a loss won’t be completely devastating and make the season a disappointment the way a loss in either of the other two series would have meant.

But having said all of that, as soon as the game starts tonight all of that thinking will probably go right out the window and I will be a complete nervous wreck...

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
it's like all really important games to me, i'm fine now, but as the game draws closer i get progressively more and more nervous about it. always have, from when i played sports up thru college and now as a fan. as a player it helped me focus before the first pitch or horn. as a fan it makes me wants to drink heavily.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I'm not "nervous" in the typical sense, I'm excited. It's kinda silly to compare the two where we stand right now but it feels kinda similar to our season opener against Chicago. Friday game, I'm sitting at work, can't wait to leave and there's a game waiting for us that's budding with anticipation and plenty of eyes on us. There was a LOT of hype surrounding us when the season started just like there are a LOT of people interested in seeing how we continue this run, both locally and league wide. A lot of eyeballs will be watching us.

While I wasn't nervous about that game, I couldn't wait to get it started and to get it things cranked up. But I still felt confident. A lot of those similarities exist for tonight's game. I'm confident but I know we could still lose, sure. And the stakes are a million times higher but as others have mentioned my nerves just aren't where I'd think they would be.

For years me and my friends are always saying things like "I have no idea how I'd even handle being in a Conference or Cup final." Well, here we are and right now I'm not reacting the way I thought I would. I can assure you it'll get worse but right now I'm just like okay bring it on, let's do this.

I guess sweeping Chicago and beating the Blues in 6 relatively stress-free games will do that. I should really turn down the naivety knob a little bit. Anaheim is a really good team and they are where they are for a reason. If there's any time to just burn down a village it's tonight while we're rested and they're on a quick game 7 turnaround.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I'm not "nervous" in the typical sense, I'm excited. It's kinda silly to compare the two where we stand right now but it feels kinda similar to our season opener against Chicago. Friday game, I'm sitting at work, can't wait to leave and there's a game waiting for us that's budding with anticipation and plenty of eyes on us. There was a LOT of hype surrounding us when the season started just like there are a LOT of people interested in seeing how we continue this run, both locally and league wide. A lot of eyeballs will be watching us.

While I wasn't nervous about that game, I couldn't wait to get it started and to get it things cranked up. But I still felt confident. A lot of those similarities exist for tonight's game. I'm confident but I know we could still lose, sure. And the stakes are a million times higher but as others have mentioned my nerves just aren't where I'd think they would be.

For years me and my friends are always saying things like "I have no idea how I'd even handle being in a Conference or Cup final." Well, here we are and right now I'm not reacting the way I thought I would. I can assure you it'll get worse but right now I'm just like okay bring it on, let's do this.

I guess sweeping Chicago and beating the Blues in 6 relatively stress-free games will do that. I should really turn down the naivety knob a little bit. Anaheim is a really good team and they are where they are for a reason. If there's any time to just burn down a village it's tonight while we're rested and they're on a quick game 7 turnaround.

You thought those were stress free games?? Man, not me. At no point did we ever have a 3 goal lead in any game, and for about 90% of the time the games were tied or one goal games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig