Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - San Jose @ Nashville Game 3: The Star Trek Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Depends on just exactly what he was sat for and if there is more to it than just his play.

The comment I heard was that Lavi wanted more team speed which is why Aberg got the call up. Now whether that is just a convenient excuse or the truth may take a while to find out. Considering the entire 3rd line was basically all new to one another I'm surprised it went as well as it did. I was really concerned they would get pushed around and be a liability.

I thought Aberg played pretty well considering the circumstances.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
The top six looked great last night, if Ribs is back in - plug him on 3C.

Forsberg - Johansen - Smith
Wilson - Fisher - Neal
Sissons - Ribeiro - Arvidsson
Salomaki - Gaustad - Jarnkrok

Sissons or Jarnkrok on the third line, I'd like Sissons there for more sandpaper.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Completely agreed.

BTW, where the heck is Fiala?!

He was sitting with the other call-ups in a section to the left of Krazy Kyle. 120 I think.

So, the bracelet lights were amazing. I thought I had a dud and then all of a sudden the thing starts to light up at the beginning of the game and do a little dance...the arena let out a collective "oooooohhhh". I have not seen a video that does it justice.

Fun game. That first goal--how many levels of bad can that get? Every guy wearing gold was involved somehow in that eff up. I can't even be clean there. That's what it was. Reminded me of the Bobby Ryan vs Legwand goal that time. We won that game, too. And the one against Detroit where THEY followed...someone...over to the wrong side and our guy just skated up and popped it in while they were looking somewhere else. Eh, it happens in hockey. The important thing is they recovered. Maybe it even stoked the fire, but let's hope it doesn't become a trend. My sister said she was so happy when we scored a goal because they'd shown that stupid play on TV about 15 times.

So I was there and not watching. How did the arena look from TV? Did the announcers mention the crowd? because we were definitely participating in the game.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville

Wilson - Fisher - Neal

Sissons or Jarnkrok on the third line, I'd like Sissons there for more sandpaper.

I'd put Jarnkrok on the wing with Sissons at center and Arvidsson on the other wing..

or

Put Salmoki there and put Jarnkrok on the 4th line to inject a bit more skill there.
Nice to have some options and a coach that isn't afraid to make changes.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
He was sitting with the other call-ups in a section to the left of Krazy Kyle. 120 I think.

So, the bracelet lights were amazing. I thought I had a dud and then all of a sudden the thing starts to light up at the beginning of the game and do a little dance...the arena let out a collective "oooooohhhh". I have not seen a video that does it justice.

Fun game. That first goal--how many levels of bad can that get? Every guy wearing gold was involved somehow in that eff up. I can't even be clean there. That's what it was. Reminded me of the Bobby Ryan vs Legwand goal that time. We won that game, too. And the one against Detroit where THEY followed...someone...over to the wrong side and our guy just skated up and popped it in while they were looking somewhere else. Eh, it happens in hockey. The important thing is they recovered. Maybe it even stoked the fire, but let's hope it doesn't become a trend. My sister said she was so happy when we scored a goal because they'd shown that stupid play on TV about 15 times.

So I was there and not watching. How did the arena look from TV? Did the announcers mention the crowd? because we were definitely participating in the game.

Agree on the bracelet lights- surprised how cool I found those to be. Although my son (and I am sure all kids) bitterly disappointed when he realized they don't light up once you get them home!

And that goal against Detroit in 2012- Erat skated to the corner and basically the whole Detroit team, goaltender included, followed him. He passed the puck to Klein who shot it into the empty net. I never get tired of seeing that replay. That has to be one of the worst playoff goals allowed ever, 1,000 times worse than ours last night. Video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_ardFsXSX8

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
Does anyone know what they'll be giving away tomorrow night? Do they announce it anywhere?

T-shirts. Can't remember where I saw/heard it, but I'm pretty sure it's T-shirts.

Wish they would give ear plugs. My left ear today thinks it was next to a speaker at a Metallica concert last night. I ain't complaining, but man it was loud most of the game.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
T-shirts. Can't remember where I saw/heard it, but I'm pretty sure it's T-shirts.

Wish they would give ear plugs. My left ear today thinks it was next to a speaker at a Metallica concert last night. I ain't complaining, but man it was loud most of the game.
You can probably get some from Fan Relations or the First Aid office.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I read somewhere that they'd be distributing the bracelets again, too.

I have a burn on my hand where the bracelet slid down on it--clearly from the battery because it's the same size--but I'll wear it again. I noticed it was hot and hurting and switched hands last night (I thought it was just the way it was fitting me) but didn't notice the burn til this morning. Battle Scars--heck yeah!

That video from that goal against Detroit...yeah, that makes me smile. The look of their player after that goal is scored is just priceless.

Oh, and they definitely have ear plugs in Fan Relations. My daughter got some for Jailbait Jr when she was a baby.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
Oh, and they definitely have ear plugs in Fan Relations. My daughter got some for Jailbait Jr when she was a baby.

Thanks for the advice. I'll grab a pair tomorrow night. The boys better bring it again. Don't want to get them for nothing.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I'd put Jarnkrok on the wing with Sissons at center and Arvidsson on the other wing..

or

Put Salmoki there and put Jarnkrok on the 4th line to inject a bit more skill there.

I'd keep hook in the top 9. Trying to inject skill into the 4th line is trying to put a square peg in a round hole. His ability is likely wasted there. When you have Goose and one of Salo/Nystrom there, you're really limited in terms of what you can do offensively. All I expect from them is to get in on the forcheck. Bang and crash. Essentially force them to dispel energy.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Yep, and if you are in the hospital or have any kind of emergency that keeps you from posting the GDT we expect you to contact someone immediately so we can just do some edits to this OP and recycle it. If you're in a car accident your first call isn't to the police or 911. It's to me.

:sarcasm:

i will take the bus to work today just to be safe :yo:

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB

Wilson - Fisher - Neal

Should I use this as the lines for the GDT, or is Ã…berg back in? I haven't seen anything on Ribs yet?

codeman00

Apr 24, 2012
Agree on the bracelet lights- surprised how cool I found those to be. Although my son (and I am sure all kids) bitterly disappointed when he realized they don't light up once you get them home!

I read on the Preds Fans facebook forum that the iphone app called PixMob Spark will control the bracelets at home. I haven't tried it but that's what someone said.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Sit in the middle of the bus. Not close to the driver and avoid the last seats ...

Suddently everyone care about you.

isn't that nice ?

PS : do you have a helmet at home ?

of course i do:

13133395_10153975966430709_4811623496985894588_n.jpg

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke
To answer the question above about the arena viewed (and listened to) from home, it was great. Lights were cool at the start and the noise came through. The announcers talked variously about the rabid excitement, rowdy reputation, etc. At one point they said ex-Ducks coach Bruce B. said it was the loudest barn in the league. That was pretty cool. All in all, the crowd represented well. Only small complaint: I expected to see a standing O with a minute or more left... it seemed like it took a bit longer to get the entire crowd on their feet to wrap up the game.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
One of the best games I have watched of the Preds. Tenacious. Relentless. Fierce. The powerplay was clicking. The penalty kill was clicking. Mike Fisher and Forsberg were two way beasts. Neal with a snipe. The top two defensive pairings with timely pinches and rushes.

Great game by the Preds.

Let's take game 4!

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
They found their heart again! Great game to watch. The crowd was loud, and the announcers talked about it multiple times throughout the broadcast. Awesome way to represent to all you lucky folks that get to see it live. It's the one aspect of my relocation for a great job that I still regret. I miss my seats in 212 especially this time of year. So many great regulars in that section that I miss seeing and celebrating with.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Getting a slow, small center out....a center that loses draws, does not pay attention to detail in his own zone and takes the odd bad penalty......and has one assist in 9 games.....had to go. Lavy waited as long as he could but sometimes you just have to make the move. He stays out of the lineup indefinitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad