Win or McDavid?

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
McDavid and Eichel are pipedreams. Regardless of how bad the team is playing now, they'll get things together enough to not have a shot in hell at the draft.
Win...

TestGrave

Nov 30, 2013
Central Florida
It's probably still a little premature, but I'd like to see them tank... If there is one draft they should consider breaking down, then it's probably this one...

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
I always have the Knights to cheer for as well, so I can fall back on watching them when the Stars suck. Also, having watched McDavid live 4 or 5 times makes me want him so much more. He will have the same impact on a franchise that Crosby had. He's just that good.

jhr1986

Jul 2, 2012
DFWish
always try

always build a culture of winning

I'm not saying that the team shouldn't try to win. I'm asking whether or not you want to see them start to win games (and still most likely miss the playoffs) or lose and draft McDavid.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
I will always want us to win, but if there was a year to tank, this is the one. Voted win, but if we get Eichel or McDavid I won't be too sad.

aloonda*

I'm not saying that the team shouldn't try to win. I'm asking whether or not you want to see them start to win games (and still most likely miss the playoffs) or lose and draft McDavid.

by the end of the season

I think this team makes the playoffs

yeah

I said it

Jack of Blades

Nov 14, 2013
Dallas
It'll never happen but...

Seguin
Spezza
McDavid

Sounds pretty freakin' sweet. Or maybe a top line of Benn-Spezza/McDavid-Seguin. But yeah, never gonna happen.

jhr1986

Jul 2, 2012
DFWish
by the end of the season

I think this team makes the playoffs

yeah

I said it

Gotcha, in that case I understand your response. I'm on the opposite side that thinks the defense won't improve enough, and the other teams in the division have improved enough that we won't be able to make the playoffs. If I've done my math correctly, the stars would need to play .635 hockey the rest of the season to make the playoffs (assuming 96 points for 8th place). I just don't see it.

SolidusAKA

Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
To be honest, a top 10 pick this year might just be what this team needs going forward. Id love to make the playoffs this year, but Im not sure our problems will be fixable by the end of the year.

Best Case Scenario for 2015:

In: Nichushkin, Nemeth, McKenzie, Klingberg Jokipakka, Ritchie, a top 10 pick (I dont think we will be top 2 material, so Hanifin, Barzal, Strome, Werenski, Zacha, Kylington, Konecny, Crouse)

Out: Cole, Horcoff, Jordie, Eaves, Peverley

To make that would be a RADICAL change in this teams overall 'feel'

+ or - a guy like Hanifin, Barzal, Strome, Kylington

Benn - Seguin - Nichushkin
Ritchie - Spezza - Hemsky (goals against might be an issue)
Roussel - Eakin - Garbutt
McKenzie - Fiddler - Sceviour
Moen (Faksa call up)

Daley - Goligoski
Nemeth - Klingberg
Oleksiak - Dillon
Jokipakka (Honka call up)

Lehtonen
Campbell

Would be awesome I think: so I vote for Tank

Last edited:

TestGrave

Nov 30, 2013
Central Florida
whether now or in the future

this is something I think all stars fans can agree on

I don't care about it...

The only thing I care about is seeing them lose :sarcasm:

But honestly... I could care less about them (The ones that always feel the need to talk about the trade, not the nice ones :) )... Seguin scored almost 3 times more goals than their goal scoring leaders... They can say whatever the hell they want :D

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Come on like you guys don't want to see this?

Benn-McDavid-Seguin
Nichushkin-Spezza-Hemsky

Far better to bury ourselves now than to stupidly start winning and fall short of the playoffs anyway. Let's not repeat the mistake of the Texas Rangers who had the 1st overall pick in their hands but blew it on a meaningless winning streak just before the end.

StarsFan55

Jul 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
There are some really good players in this draft. Noah Hanifin is playing really well for BC as a 17 year old, and of course Mcdavid and Eichel are amazing. Unfortunately I think this team has too much talent to finish low enough to be able to draft them.

NukeJukes43

There should only be one option for this poll.

Connor McDallas

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Talent blah blah blah never gonna be a bottom 5 team blah blah blah. We've been ******** the bed all season with no sign of getting better.

Either our forwards don't score enough, our defense is passive and crap or our goaltending is unreliable. Sure, we're talented, but on the ice they just don't put together a 60 minute game.

If the gap between us and a playoff spot is >6 pts by Sunday or Monday, lets just let it all fall apart.

#LastIsFirst #McDallas

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
**** losing, I want to win. I'm tired of watching this team suck year after year. If we had McDavid I would think we'd be put in a really awkward spot where one of Benn, Seguin, or Spezza would have to be traded as McDavid's ELC would expire, or have that happen beforehand. to try and get a good defenseman. It'd be weird to sign Spezza to a 7 year deal and then trade him 2 years into that, I think it would make the Stars look bad.

I still think that every year that we continue losing makes it more likely that we lose Benn, and that the culture of the team gets worse. Ruff called the team mentally fragile this year, and I Can only imagine that getting worse as time goes on.

StarsTx

Nov 9, 2014
I agree that this team current probably is not McDavid bad, however, a handful of moves to get young assets here or there, and we are there. Lose Kari, Goose, and our 4th line and we are in bottom 3 contention.
I will always get excited when the stars are playing well but if I could get 1 wish for this hockey that isn't winning the cup this year, it's McDavid! Therefore, sign me up as a

TANK!!!!

Ps if McDavid is as good as advertised, Seguin is the only person I would care if we lost with McDavid in the mix!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad