Post-Game Talk: Win!! - Nashville Predators at New York Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
We have some seriously terrible lapses in the defensive zone where we just can't touch the puck and the opponent just skates circles around us. Subban also needs to just stop tackling dudes in front of the net. That's how he gets like 90% of his penalties it seems.

I know it's early, but the thought occurred to me whether the refs agreed to crack down on Suban's tackling/sitting on antics this year.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I know it's early, but the thought occurred to me whether the refs agreed to crack down on Suban's tackling/sitting on antics this year.
I mean, as long as they also crack down on all the same stuff and crosschecks and other things that the other teams do as well (looking at WPG D in particular), then sure. The weird thing is our D is actually kind of soft in front of the net save for whatever PK gets up too, and yet it doesn't overall hold a candle to the way some teams are allowed to defend that area of the ice.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
We have some seriously terrible lapses in the defensive zone where we just can't touch the puck and the opponent just skates circles around us. Subban also needs to just stop tackling dudes in front of the net. That's how he gets like 90% of his penalties it seems.

Yeah, when we play that strongly man-to-man we're bound to give up some chances. After a long shift I'd like to see us play more zone defense and keep the opposition in the perimeter.

Aardvarksson

gif spammer
Apr 21, 2017
Nashville
Seemed like PK tackled the guy intentionally because he was gassed. How many times do we see RV get bulldozed like that uncalled though?

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
The more frightening statistic is that I’m on pace for 164 double bourbons.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad