Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - Minnesota Wild at Nashville Predators

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhok

Feb 10, 2018
Sucks to see Turris and Lavi still out there.

Can’t believe Lavi didn’t get sacked after last year. Hard to get excited for this team with him behind the bench.

But maybe Duchene can single handedly give us an offense ‍

Reactions: AintLifeGrand

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Sucks to see Turris and Lavi still out there.

Can’t believe Lavi didn’t get sacked after last year. Hard to get excited for this team with him behind the bench.

But maybe Duchene can single handedly give us an offense ‍♂️

The Lavi coached team won the division last season. Turris suffered from multiple injuries.

Oh ... and 2019-20 ... 1-0 ...

But that's only if you want to look at things logically.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
So, we hanging another banner before the game on Saturday or no?

L4iFL6X.png

Reactions: bdub24

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
The win is the most important thing. As the last week of the 2018-19 season demonstrated, all points matter.

A lot of early season hiccups. PP showed some promise but it's too early to pass judgement. We need another 4 PP opportunities for the percentage to even start to matter.

I'm waiting to see how the lines finalize over the next few games. Do we see JOFA? Who plays with Turris if he continues to show promise at the individual level? (I don't blame his for his 0 SOG ... I know who delivers food to the locker room) ... what does the 3rd pairing evolve into or does the Hammer/Weber pairing improve ...

2 points makes it all good.
I’d still love to see

Forsberg duchene granlund
Tolvanen joey rv
Jarnkrok turris smith
Watson bonino sissons

Mustard

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville
Few thoughts:
-Turris looked much more confident on his skates. Looks like a different player. Thought he played a great game.
-Fabbro is ready. He took a few solid hits well and stayed on his feet. Was very solid.
-I think both Joey and Arvy are fighting injury. Both seemed a bit off, but still got that line a goal.
-Duchene creates so much space with his speed, and his vision is off the charts. He may be PPG this year on that line.
-Pekka balled, so did Dubnyk. We could've scored 10 on a lesser goalie.
-Our PP moves the puck. Who knew.
-Lastly, loved the response when Rocco was drilled by Hartman. No retaliation, no anger, just kept focusing on the game. seemed like Minny tried to muck it up a few times (Hartman, Greenway) and we didn't take the bait. That's positive.

Reactions: sparkle twin

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I'm guessing based off the last two posts someone I have on ignore made a moronic statement, which is the reason they are probably on ignore.

Anyone complaining about the game tonight, its early, new line combos, new players added in and we still won 5-2. Get over it.
I don't know whether to be offended or to be relieved that my pie comments are not considered moronic.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Yeah, but 0 goals. Looks like we're going to be stuck with another overpaid C
We are paying $30M for our Cs now, right? out of a $78M payroll... that's nearly 40%. We're on pace for 0 goals for that 40% of our payroll, and that's a problem. If one or two of them get zero goals, maybe we can ride through that. But we can't afford to have them ALL trending to 0.
:soap:

Reactions: jumb0 and PredsV82

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Hey Joey was going to the net and shooting the puck. It's not always going to go in, but if he keeps taking his shots when he gets them we will be fine.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
It’s been one game. If they are goalless after 10, then we can be concerned.
I blame HFBoards. Because for some reason I can never find the sarcasm Smiley when I need it. Like, I flipped through every tab twice before coming back to it in the Defaults for this reply.
:help:

Ah, there it is:
:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad