Post-Game Talk: win 7:08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
For some reason I thought this was a 7:30 game. :facepalm:

Just rewound to find the goal. Ugly all around. Awkward play at both bluelines for Schmidt, Pens forwards out hustled the Caps forwards on the backcheck, and Holtby really should have saved it.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I mean, they have clearly been the better team so far.

Just a dumb goal to give up.

Maybe I'm the only one but I don't think they've been clearly better. I think that goal rattled them a bit.

Need to play them like the Rangers of last year. Same focus on breakouts and speed.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Why is it so hard to understand that if they're going to be aggressive on the penalty kill you have to move the puck more quickly? waiting for them to get on you cuts down the angle for you to pass in their favor.

This has been my issue on the PP and even strength for a long long time. Our puck movement is slow and extremely deliberate. Hence my beef with the system. I just don't think it will translate well in the playoffs. Nee struggle against defensively aggressive teams.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
It was a quick breakout with Caps pinned. Schmidt has to recognize he isn't getting help and play his side like a 2 on 1. Can't leave a guy wide open like that.

Schmidt is young. I don't expect much from him. Neither should you. He's a 6th Dman and does just fine as such.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Has the puck been flat on the ice in the last 5 minutes?

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
Forwards need to play like it means something. They are letting Pittsburgh transition and get out of their zone with impunity.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Maybe I'm the only one but I don't think they've been clearly better. I think that goal rattled them a bit.

Need to play them like the Rangers of last year. Same focus on breakouts and speed.
Yeah, I think there's a difference between outworking (which maybe they have) and out-executing. Pittsburgh has largely maintained defensive structure while much more easily breaking down Washington's.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I keep waiting for Kuznetsoff to step on the gas. Hopefully he's not a one trick pony?

How can he be a one trick pony? Every game he pulls off a new move, he's one of the most creative players in the game.

Regarding the Pens, they go from defense to offense at a ridiculous speed, leading to odd man rushes. Kessel and Crosby didn't score, but we've got to slow them down at their own blue line.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
Pittsburgh forwards are harassing Caps d big time. Caps forwards need to do more of the same and with third man needing to support too. i want Holtby to get this win today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad