Post-Game Talk: Wilsonton Capitals vs Parallaxed Penguins - Game 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
It's OK, guys. The noob did it, it's his welcome to us all! I'll do it for our next home game. I am going to do one with enough info so it can go on the main board, but I'm not gonna do stupid stuff like crazy links to hometown interviews with cousins of their 3rd grade teacher's boyfriends, and their favorite ice cream flavors and dumb stuff like that. It will still be fairly simple but still I wanna have fun. I gots plans.

What? No.....request denied! :laugh:

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Sucks about Orlov, he has great upside I wonder with his contract status and expansion draft looming if this is the end of him in DC.

Anyway WIN.

My prediction is another OT game

PRicci09

Jan 17, 2013
I wish Orlov would simplify his game.

He has a dynamic skill set but most of his troubles are a result of trying to make the flashy play instead of the smart one.

Love the guy, he has tremendous potential. Hopefully he cleans things up a bit.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Kudos to Trotz for finally making the decision on Orlov. Just sick of that guy's play not just in the playoffs but also in last 15-20 games of the regular season. Production has severely dropped off and his defensive sense and positioning is a freakin mess. Also glad that Chorney made his way in instead of Weber. Mike just wouldn't be able to sustain Pens' speed.

mrwarden

Nothing Witty
Jan 31, 2007
Austin, TX
Thank goodness Orpik is ok since we're basically playing 4 d now. And Langway is right, Carlson looks gassed at the end of these games.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Having Chorney in the lineup also has the benefit that all six Ds can be used on the penalty kill - every minute you can have Schmidt and Chorney out there blocking shots on the PK, you're slightly less likely to see one of the top-4 out with injury from a blocked shot. I think the fact that Schmidt PKs and Orlov doesn't says quite a lot about how much they trust Orly's defensive game, given that he isn't usually on the PP when at full health. Likewise that they still promote Schmidt if Orpik's out.

I've also noticed that Schmidt seems to be firing far more shots from the blue line than he was towards the end of the regular season - exactly what we need from our D to create rebounds and deflections for our Fs in front of the net.

As for the second line, they seem to be paired a lot with the 3rd Ds - maybe giving them a few more shifts with Carlson, who's driving so much offensive force at the moment, would help them? If Burakovsky has another strong game (though I think he was out there for two goals against in game 1, took a penalty and missed a couple of key chances to end it) I can imagine him being flipped with Williams.

But if it is Kuznetsov who is the bigger issue on that second line, I can't see them moving him. Unless you have him Center the third or fourth line, with Richards or Beagle taking faceoffs as, ostensibly, wingers, they can't really demote him, and he hasn't done much negatively to deserve time in the press box (nor are Latta or Galiev going to score more than him). But how many games will that line need to go scoreless, or close to scoreless, at even strength before Trotz becomes impatient? We need secondary scoring, that top line can only fairly carry us so far.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
It's OK, guys. The noob did it, it's his welcome to us all! I'll do it for our next home game. I am going to do one with enough info so it can go on the main board, but I'm not gonna do stupid stuff like crazy links to hometown interviews with cousins of their 3rd grade teacher's boyfriends, and their favorite ice cream flavors and dumb stuff like that. It will still be fairly simple but still I wanna have fun. I gots plans.

FWIW, I don't want our thread on the mains. Prefer our stubborn isolationism.

#getoffmylawn

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
The road GDT will likely not be selected. Jen make it a subsequent post if everyone remains bent over it. I have to say our minimalist approach in years past has not done squat for our fortunes.

JenniferH

Holts Did It
Nov 7, 2013
Georgia
The road GDT will likely not be selected. Jen make it a subsequent post if everyone remains bent over it. I have to say our minimalist approach in years past has not done squat for our fortunes.
Yuppers, making it for Game 5 (if needed). :D (Look at me, being all optimistic. Hey, I had a dream we won game 2 already.)

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
Yuppers, making it for Game 5 (if needed). :D (Look at me, being all optimistic. Hey, I had a dream we won game 2 already.)

If its close keep it minimal. I am very superstitious. I had to deal with the Curse of the Bambino.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad